Neil Young for Friday?

Guest eFestivals

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for those worrying about the headliners, the chances are if it wasn't someone like Young or Springsteen it would be franz/kaisers etc etc and be the looks of things they're there aswell on the undercard/maybe other stage headliners.

My take on the headliners:

Neil Young - a great choice and I think I'll see him unless there is something special on the other stages

Bruce Springsteen - clearly a legend but not really my cup of tea

Blur - I personally couldn't haved wished for a better headliner for my first (!) Glastonbury

HOORAY! Mr eavis and co have seen the error of their ways and now realise that oldies on stage will attract more oldies into his fields...

oh and one or two youngsters who know good music when they hear it.

im old but im afraid i canna stand springsteen, but the other two might get me in front of the pryamid ;)

Edited by DiscoDolly

they are all worthy acts

but its an unbalanced set of headliners

as good as bruce and neil may be they have both recently toured and dont offer much excitement

neil young is sunday arvo stuff i think

or they could have neil then bruce on sunday evening

friday needs to be a bit younger

ideally the strokes launching their new album

As for those worrying about the headliners, the chances are if it wasn't someone like Young or Springsteen it would be franz/kaisers etc etc and be the looks of things they're there aswell on the undercard/maybe other stage headliners.

Hooray for Springsteen and Young !!!,

Relegate the Kaisers and Franz to the Pilton Community Centre - October Tea Dance !!!

;)

Even though I'm not the biggest fan of the Shakeheimer, I am delighted at the angle taken by GF regarding headliners this year. The fella that said upthread it was in danger of getting too indie is dead right. The riff off "Cinnamon Girl" could take the roof off that f**king Pyramid on the Friday night. Miles better than The Franz Chief Lights ...or whoever.

;)

I think the key here is we have 3 timeless headliners. All of who will be regarded as having a large influence on music. It's diverse, different and completely unexpected which are probably the three words i would use to describe Glastonbury.

If you want to go to a festival that has Razorlight, The Kooks, Kaiser Cheifs etc headlining I would suggest that something like V would be a lot more suited to you.