Rock Werchter 2009

Guest mark_87

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i spose its not the cheapst option but its worth a bit mor cos its door to door, cant explain how nice it was gettin picked up right and outside and driven home last year! if ur not comin str8 bak it aint 4 u tho!

i cant decide yet man! one of werchter and lowlands and im thinkin bout pukelpop in aug if i can keep some funds...

you set on werchter?

Hello Ladies & Gents,

So very tempted by Werchter. A few questions for those in the know:

- Has anyone stayed in Brussels before for the festival? How easy is it to get back and forth? Needless to say, I don't want to pay for the ticket and have to miss the headliners!

- What is the weather likely to be like? Glasto has given me a festival weather complex!

Thanks for your help. Such a shame that the Euro being so weak is a likely stumbling block for European festivals!

Thanks.

Hello Ladies & Gents,

So very tempted by Werchter. A few questions for those in the know:

- Has anyone stayed in Brussels before for the festival? How easy is it to get back and forth? Needless to say, I don't want to pay for the ticket and have to miss the headliners!

- What is the weather likely to be like? Glasto has given me a festival weather complex!

Thanks for your help. Such a shame that the Euro being so weak is a likely stumbling block for European festivals!

Thanks.

You could stay in Brussels, its only about a 20/30 min train ride (and then a 15min shuttle bus to the festival) but the last train back each night is around midnight, so you'd miss the headliners.

If you dont want to camp, theres hotels/hostels in "Leuven", which is where you get the festival shuttle bus to the festival grounds, and the shuttle busses run till 1 hour after the headliners i think it was.

Weather... hit or miss.

2005 - Blaring sun, 35 degrees on the last day, cloudy on the other 3 days.

2006 - 4 days of nonstop sun with no clouds, 30 degrees (was TO hot tbh..)

2007 - Sunny/Drizzle/Cloudy.

2008 - rained on and off (nothing bad, just light showers), very hot on the Friday, then cloudly/sunny the rest. There was also a biggg wind storm on the sunday night/monday morning^^

So basically, it can be very, very hot, but it can also rain - but theres never been floods/that mudy etc.

My advice, pack for hot weather but also bring a rainjacket/hat/jumpers (it gets cold at night!)