Hurricane / Southside 2009

Guest Squig

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going, 5th year in a row (may be my last one for a while though, we'll see).

it's in German, but some fans made a rumour list (green is confirmed, red won't come): http://hurricane.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16573

@sparticus: Did you go to Lidl or Aldi? they'd have it cheaper for sure. If you were trying in Scheeßel it is possible they either sold it out or didn't even have it to make more profit. I'll try to avoid buying stuff in Scheeßel, just to be on the safe side. Copming by car thjough, so that makes it easier.

Yesterday a radio station called 1live rumored that Oasis will play the festivals. They talked to Noel before Oasis went on stage in Düsseldorf.

But I think they got something wrong. Oasis are playing in Slane Castle that weekend, seems pretty impossible for them to show up because of that.

Perhaps Oasis will be confirmed for a German festival in august.

Rumors for Monday are Ska-P and Travis so far. Boring as f**k. :lol:

I went in 2008 and had a great time. My main thoughts about the festival:

----> It was absolutely baking hot so bring one of those tetra pack juice boxes and fill it with drink or else you cant get it through security.

--> The festival didnt have a moshup atmosphere and the crowd never really got theat excited which was unusual when compared to others.

--> Expect shed loads of idiots burning their tents on the last night in huge fires! not to mention portaloos getting destroyed etc!

--> In one of the main camps there is a strange box lik,e building in the middle, dont camp near that because it was used as the pissing wall by everyone who couldnt be arsed to go to find the loos! Nasty!

--> sound quality at the festival is excellent

--> beer is overpriced

--> speaking german does help! espec with the ladies

--> Make sure you go in to the duracel tent as that is where they play heavy metal and rock and everyone goes crazy!!! its awesome, one bloke climbed to the top of the roof (15 foot) and crowd dived in to everyone, sadly he put himself in hospital as no one caught him!)

--> Good festival! Not a stunning lineup normally however, but depends on tastes... i had fun!

There will be more abnds (70-80 in total), dunno about bigger acts. Looks like Die Ärzte, KoL and Nick Cave will be headlining, and Kraftwerk and Moby are likely to headline the 2nd stage. Fettes Brot will play before Die Ärzte, Franz Ferdinand could be the 2nd Blue (2nd) Stage headliner. That leaves 1 blue stage Headliner and two coheadliners for the green (big) stage.

We'll see. I still hope for Nine Inch Nails or the Cure coming and Nick Cave not being Headliner.

Agreed about KoL. Die Ärzte are bigger than the Beatsteaks though... Just seems like there really isn't much on the market for that time. And bands like Moby or Kraftwerk are quite rarely seen, at least in Germany, so they are still making some of it I think.

• 2 weeks later...