Sunday Tickets for Locals

Guest Pauljoanss

They usually announce it in local papers just before the festival. People who live in the big towns (and villages) surrounding Pilton (Shepton, Wells, Midsomer Norton(where im from)) qualify as far as i know. My dad came down on the sunday this year and had a great time.

Keep your eye on the forum around April too

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hey. ive got sunday tickets the last few years where theyve been advertised in the somerset standard. in 07 just me and one friend went and we got the coach from radstock. last year however the system changed and you sent off a cheque and a note with your details and however many tickets you wanted and if you hadnt heard back by the 1st of may i believe it was, you hadnt got tickets. (i assume i didnt get them because there was high demand and i asked for 4.) but i got a phone call on the monday of the week of glastonbury asking if i still wanted tickets. when they came though i noticed they didnt have a bus time or bus stop printed on them unlike the previous year (it said RADSTOCK 10:00AM.) after a few phonecalls it turned out the car park was the bath and west showground and we had park the car and catch the bus from there. (we just got a lift to the site in the end.) sorry for the long reply i just want to make sure theres no confusion this year as it was only because i had tickets in 07 i saw there wasnt a bus stop printed on the ticket.

it would also improve his chances of getting a ticket if he doesnt mind which bus stop he goes from. some stops like frome and radstock are really popular so dont just choose the one, pick several.

hope theres some useful info for you here B)

If they are very local they may qualify for a free Sunday ticket - something new this year because they're changing the boundary of free weekend tickets. I believe there's a map with the boundary drawn on it in the Pilton Post Office, but I haven't been down there to have a look yet.