Your Download 2009 Wishlist

Guest S0LDIER.

Okay, I'll start... This doesn't have to be in any order of which day they play and the bands don't have to be headliners... jsut who you want to see at download.

Heres mine:

Friday: Slipknot or Rage against the machine

Saturday: Metallica or Iron Maiden or AC/DC

Sunday: In Flames, B.F.M.V or Disturbed

I'd be pretty happy with that, these don't have to be completelt realistic, but don't be silly by saying like... you want to see MCR headline, cos i will hunt you down and slap you personally ;)

I'd also want to see there: Black Stone Cherry, Korn, Sevendust, Killswitch, P.O.D, Atreyu, Bloodsimple, Ill Nino, Lamb of God.

Even if 4 or 5 of those bands are at download, headlining or not, I'd be very happy!!

Anyone else? :D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Protest The Hero

Between The Buried And Me

Limp Bizkit

Chimaira

Suicide Silence

Mastodon

Trivium

August Burns Red

Rammstein

Alexisonfire

Lamb Of God

Shadows Fall

Bleeding Through

The Black Dahlia Murder

All That Remains

Papa Roach

All Shall Perish

Anti Flag

Gallows

Muse

A Day To Remember

Some of them please!

Edited by tom.a7x

Rob Zombie.

NIN.

Danzig.

The Haunted.

Evile.

Machine Head.

Sacred Reich.

Napalm Death.

Carcass.

Alice Cooper.

Rammstein.

Prodigy.

Testament.

Fear Factory.

Monster Magnet.

Arch Enemy.

Tenacious D.

Any of the above.

I would say Slayer but they are bound to do it. ;)

Fear Factory

Children of Bodom

Machine Head

Opeth

Slipknot

Rage Against The Machine

Ac/Dc

Rammstein

Metallica

Black Sabbath

System of a Down

Black Label Society

Iron Maiden

Down

Would love Aerosmith, Metallica and Rammstein to headline.

Alkaline Trio

Rise Against

InMe

Finch

FFAF

Less Than Jake

Down

Saosin

Taking Back Sunday

Billy Talent

The Wildhearts

Trivium

Would throw in the idea of The Automatic to play in a Subways-esque "indie" band spot on the 2nd stage like..would be awesome cos Paul Mullen has completely transformed that band!

And the two bands I want to play festivals every year:

Vanilla Sky & Silverchair...wishfull thinking eh?

Would love Aerosmith, Metallica and Rammstein to headline.

Alkaline Trio

Rise Against

InMe

Finch

FFAF

Less Than Jake

Down

Saosin

Taking Back Sunday

Billy Talent

The Wildhearts

Trivium

Would throw in the idea of The Automatic to play in a Subways-esque "indie" band spot on the 2nd stage like..would be awesome cos Paul Mullen has completely transformed that band!

And the two bands I want to play festivals every year:

Vanilla Sky & Silverchair...wishfull thinking eh?

i dont see why nickleback are a good bet for a rock festival? they didn't sell ou7t their arena tour despite having a huge single to back it up.

they've had two big singles in the UK (which a whole load of people hate with a passion), they've supported bon jovi over here not too long ago and they're just bad. no way are they headliner material. at least MCR had a huge following (which failed to materialise at download i'll admit) and lostprophets at least rock live...

nickleback were just bloody dull when i saw em (supporting bon jovi...)

my prediction is as follows, which isnt my dream line up btw.

friday

slipknot

nine inch nails

In Flames

Anthrax

Saturday

Green Day

Fallout Boy

Funeral For A Friend

Sum 41

Sunday

Metallica

Korn

Killswitch Engage

Lamb Of God

Second Stage

Friday

Nickelback

Enter Shikari

Saturday

Pendelum

The Used

Sunday

HIM

Less Than Jake

if Nickleback play it will take a LOT to buy me a ticket. i don't think i can bear to know even a fraction of my ticket cost would go towards them playing. but LOTS of other good bands mentioned above, i'm too lazy to wrte my own list, and partly feel that it'd only get my hopes up for something that will NEVER happen. i SOOO wanna go to Download next year, but if the line-up isn't up to scratch it ain't happening, i'll be heading overseas...

now shoot me down if ya like, but seeing as there's usually at least one dance/rock crossover (pendulum, prodigy etc etc)

might i suggest... Justice? reckon they'd go down a storm, get the whole lot dancing like pendulum did last yr...

they rock live, and have rep for dropping master of puppets into their set and remixing it :lol:

obv the prodigy ASWELL please :D

i wouldn't mind if they just added a bit of consistency throughout the lineup, at least for the main stage. At reading leeds you could see there was a theme for two of the days (predominantly indie and metal for each day, with sat being a bit bizarre, enemy and fratellis followed by qotsa and rage, you couldn't have two sets of bands further away from each other on the spectrum). I said it lasty year but i'd still like to see a day focused more on punk (and they could incorporate a few emo bands in there).

I say all this as one of the bands that tempted me to go to download is the offspring, yet they had incubus and b4mv playing beneath them, will someone please explain any similarities these bands have, as that might explain why they have so much trouble selling tickets. I'd pretty much be paying £60 to see the offspring + travel and everything else on top, so i thought f**k it, not really worth all that cash to see the offspring play just short of a full set.

But if they feel the need to book brand new, then that would be a start lol.

There's shitloads of bands that I like that I would like to see at Download, but in terms of acts that could definitly convince me to go next year, I'd say AC/DC, Metallica, Killswitch, Arch Enemy, Machine Head, Marilyn Manson and, to be unrealistic, Amorphis, Dark Tranquillity, Finntroll and Edguy would be top of my list.

In no particular order:

Children of Bodom

Opeth

Slipknot

Rage Against The Machine

Rob Zombie

NIN

Machine Head

Napalm Death

Rammstein

Prodigy

Testament

Fear Factory

Mad Capsule Markets

Fear Factory

AC/DC

Qemists

Black Sabbath

System of a Down

Black Label Society

Down

if Nickleback play it will take a LOT to buy me a ticket. i don't think i can bear to know even a fraction of my ticket cost would go towards them playing.