Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

also - Game Of Thrones is absolutely outstanding. HBO hold the bar so high, so often. I honestly didnt think I could despise a fictional character as much as I fucking hate Joffrey. What a first class prick he is.

Yep what a c**t! (and I love the way other characters have called him that too)

He really is one of the most dislikeable characters I have ever seen in any TV program ever. I do wonder about the sanity of the kid who plays him though :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

i am actually struggling now, nothing to watch that really takes my fancy.

im downloading veep, downloading the first episode of community. i also never got into 6 feet under, or finished the sopranos, problem is, I dont even know how far into the sopranos we got, it was that long ago.

any recommendations out of that stuff I mentioned, or anything else?

bear in mind we have done homeland, breaking bad, damages, dexter, the wire, game of thrones, modern family (which we all loved), arrested development, 24, lost (i hated), prison break (i hated), heroes (I hated).

im downloading veep, downloading the first episode of community. i also never got into 6 feet under, or finished the sopranos, problem is, I dont even know how far into the sopranos we got, it was that long ago.

bear in mind we have done homeland, breaking bad, damages, dexter, the wire, game of thrones, modern family (which we all loved), arrested development, 24, lost (i hated), prison break (i hated), heroes (I hated).

Boardwalk Empire

Treme (Same creator as The Wire)

Not seen but always hear good things about Mad Men

Boardwalk Empire

Treme (Same creator as The Wire)

Not seen but always hear good things about Mad Men

yeah, I forgot about BE, we started Mad Men, but was never really that taken by it other than for the amazing women in it. I'm sure I grabbed treme a few months ago.

ta

watched the first 3 episodes of veep. it is very good, very clever and funny, but for some reason that I can't work out I'm not feeling a real urge to watch the rest. I will watch them I'm sure but its not 'must see' for me

I love Community. There are a few duff episodes but when it's good, it is really really good. Some of the best TV I've seen recently. The first episode is OK, not great but well worth sticking with it.

Edited by philipsteak

i watched the first 20 minutes of veep, then the missus came in with the kids, so the frequent use of the f-word put paid to me watching it. I like it so far, its pretty much "the thick of it" in the states so far tbh, which can only be a good thing imho.

i watched the first 20 minutes of veep, then the missus came in with the kids, so the frequent use of the f-word put paid to me watching it. I like it so far, its pretty much "the thick of it" in the states so far tbh, which can only be a good thing imho.

I really like Veep. Unfortunately it was on last night after the Alan Partridge thing which was just shit. From next week it centers around his radio show so hopefully improve.

Really enjoyed Veep. It's not a straight up American Thick of It which is a good thing, but there are obviously similarities.

Have watched the first 4 eps of new series of Falling Skies, and it has really upped its game. Gone from a "watch a few episodes when I have nothing else to watch" show, to watch every Monday

Second episode of Line of Duty on Beeb2 tonight. Impressed with the first episode, has a bit of a homeland vibe to it. Will see if it can keep it up.

Also, newsroom has got a second series...HUZZAH!

Johnny Rotten on Question Time anyone? :)

The look on the panelists faces when he said "I don't want my drugs to be taxed" was priceless.

More cartoon anarchists please. And this http://www.telegraph...-Zog-claim.html would be hilarious.

Was anyone else thinking Ms. Mensch looked well spaced out? The lady doth protest too much me thinks. (Oh shit, she sues doesn't she).

Did anyone watch the new Alan Partridge? I thought it was pretty funny, the bit where he's almost drowning and then edits it out was great. Is it on again or was that a one-off?

Last week was a book review show about his book "I Partridge. we need to talk about Alan". I thought that was so so. There are 6 more episodes starting from tonight.

Did anyone watch the new Alan Partridge? I thought it was pretty funny, the bit where he's almost drowning and then edits it out was great. Is it on again or was that a one-off?

Yeah I really enjoyed it too. Haven't seen the book review one yet.

Isn't the new series a remake of of the Mid-Morning Matters mini episodes?

Yeah I really enjoyed it too. Haven't seen the book review one yet.

Isn't the new series a remake of of the Mid-Morning Matters mini episodes?

It is and it was piss myself funny. Sky have really upped their game on the comedy front. Getting Steve Coogan was a coup but they are doing a few other good shows at the moment. I caught Parents which I found really enjoyable.