Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

Finally got round to watching all the Alan Partridge Mid-morning Matters episodes. Lovely stuff*, but not quite as good as the proper series. The one with the ex-SAS survival expert was particularly funny.

Oh, and Partridge will be making a comeback on Sky, and to the big screen

http://www.guardian....c?newsfeed=true

* Not my words, the words of Bill Odie.

Edited by windy_miller

As it's the penultimate in the season 2, I'm gonna hold back and watch back to back next week.

Going to hold off all of breaking bad for similar reasons. See they are splitting the last season of that into two bits, 8 this year, 8 next?

I finally got round to watching the first episode of Game Of Thrones the other night. Really enjoyed it. Beautifully shot, well acted, and an interesting story. Nowhere near as many wizards and goblins that I feared would make an appearance.

there are no wizards or goblins, and very little supernatural guff, which I was incredibly pleased about. its just a really well told story (or about a hundred stories tbh)

GOT was good, but very much the anticlimax after last week. it sets the scene nicely for next season, but 10 episodes isn't enough for a season imho.

I agree but I suppose there could be a danger of then drawing things out to much, as the Walking Dead sometimes feels. Given that this could run for another 5 seasons I think the producers will want to keep the ratings high.

I was thinking the other day that if they quick to a season per year there is a possibility that the final 2 would come out before the books. Now that would be good. :-)

GOT was good, but very much the anticlimax after last week. it sets the scene nicely for next season, but 10 episodes isn't enough for a season imho.

I prefered it to last weeks. I didn't have spoilers mind ;)

Ten episodes of pure quality or thirteen of less quality? It must cost a fortune to make!