Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

To be honest I knew nothing of the storyline when I started watching Alcatraz but I enjoyed it, yes they will probably drag it out like they always do and I might lose interest , but the likes of lost got me hooked and if can be anything like that I'll keep watching, great tv

Oh and yeah, breaking bad is superb, love it

Think I am going to have to cave in and get the rest of Breaking Bad online as it looks like no one has the rights to air Season 3 and on. Given the awards and reception in the US it does seem bizarre not to follow up over here. Mind you the original schedule was shambolic to say the least. Just read some reviews for Alcatraz and that looks quite interesting. Tempted to watch it but I may wait until it is on Atlantic.

• 2 weeks later...

how the fuck has 10 o'clock live got a second series.. it views like something written in a 6th form common room. Even more infuriating is ch4 axing the daily show as it made this piece of shit look even more terrible

I have read save reviews from the States and a good cast, but them anything with Morena Baccarin is Ok with me although I am glad V got cancelled.

I had never heard of her. She is absolutely beautiful - and she has her norks out in the first 15 minutes!

Thought it was brilliant. Highly recommend it!

watched the first 2 eps last night, its very interesting so far.

Loving Homeland, Seems to get better every episode. 7 episodes in!

Waiting for it coming onto 4. I am odd that way but I think seeing as I say for a licence and Sky I will wait for what I said for. My lad has offered to use his laptop to stream through the Tv but no. Maybe I would save a fortune getting a laptop.

Waiting for it coming onto 4. I am odd that way but I think seeing as I say for a licence and Sky I will wait for what I said for. My lad has offered to use his laptop to stream through the Tv but no. Maybe I would save a fortune getting a laptop.

apple tv is your friend, under £90, and will do exactly what you need, without the need for a laptop ;)

homeland finale wasnt what I was hoping for, watched 5 full episodes on sunday, and the finale is a 90 minute job.

next up is "State Of Play" a BBC drama from 2003 I somehow missed. highly spoken of wherever I have read, and it was cheap as chips on play.com

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0362192/

you bought it? :O it's available from the usual sources, great show by the way, might rewatch that myself now you've reminded me of it

I enjoyed Homeland finale. Can understand why some people felt a bit let down by it. The suspense was amazing.

I have had State of Play on dvd for ages but never got round to watching it. Might watch that next. Ordered Season 1 and 2 of The Killling.

the killing is absolutely brilliant.

watched the first 2 eps of S.O.P. last night, I'm loving it. The cast is incredible.

for some reason, I watched the Brits (first time in a few years... thought I'd see what's going on..)

Me too. Very safe all round.

thought Blur sounded like they usually do as well... musically - ok, vocally - just awful.... still, at least they didn't do Tender.

Or the British Gas ad music. The songs they did play - thats the best the can come up with?! :wacko:

Noel was very very average..

Noel is average. The new stuff is nothing music. Bordering on Coldplay.

Adele was great.... not mad about her, but it's hard to not enjoy that voice

Nice voice yeah but the music is a little pedestrian. Although I did gain more respect for her when she flipped the finger after that arsehole came on and hooked her off for speaking for too long.

I remember at the Grammys in 1994 when they cut Sinatra off :O , he was 79 at the time, and Billy Joel later stopped during his song, looked at his watch and started saying "Valuable advertising time going by... dollars, dollars, dollars" and then sat silently at the piano. :lol:

Cutting off Frank Sinatra though. A real low point for the industry.

Great intro from Bono.

Edited by The Nal

I don't understand why they can't let ceremonies over-run. It happens all the time with sporting events...

....mind you, I think ITV shouldn't get any live events ever, they are really hopeless at it

and Channel 4

"The news will follow extra time and penalties between Darlington and Shrewsbury... whenever that finishes but if you want to see the biggest star in the history of entertainment. Sorry. Tough shit. We've ads to broadcast."

I liked Ed Sheeran was great... loved seeing him on his own, just his guitar (especially after the awful Olly Murs). Really impressive voice

I've met Ed on a number of occasions. One of my very good friends runs a night for MSF called Lyrix Organix (a acoustic hip hop night) in and around London in various pubs. Ed used to play there all the time. Usually to a room of about 20-30 people, getting up on the table and just playing, doing some freestyling, joining in jams, that kind of stuff. The boy has real talent. He would just take complete control of that room and captivate everyone. I always knew he would make it big, never thought he would explode the way he has though. Really nice guy whenever I met him. Just genuinely loves music. Would do it his whole life for no money - just a bonus for him he made it big.

anyone watched person of interest? I've heard good things about it, might start on that tonight http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1839578/

S'alright, worth watching a couple of episodes at least to see if it grabs you. Jesus and Ben from Lost are both pretty good in it