tinygreendragon

Who's watching what on tv

On 10/26/2018 at 12:44 AM, WS_Jack_III said:

So the star of s2 is Kathleen Zellner, Steven's new lawyer. Not sure how much you've kept up with the case since s1 but she is fascinating to watch and see what she's been tweeting about these past few years actually in action. She basically pisses all over the evidence that was used to convict Steven. She recreates and reenacts to try and make things they way the state said it was.

I ended up watching it. I enjoyed it more than I expected. However like many Netflix offerings felt 10 episodes cut be cut to 6.

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I ended up watching it. I enjoyed it more than I expected. However like many Netflix offerings felt 10 episodes cut be cut to 6.

Really? I could have watched more of her deconstrhcting the state's evidence. Apparently some bits were left out. She's been tweeting about it. 

On 11/18/2018 at 9:04 AM, pink_triangle said:

Yeah that was how I felt. The first 5 or 6 were spun out but it picked up in the last few I thought. Interesting case.

On 11/8/2018 at 9:15 AM, FloorFiller said:

Confirmed now, and is seemingly gonna be about what happened to Jesse post-BB.

Usually I'd think this was an awful idea/cash in, much like I think is the case with The Walking Dead's recent revelation, but Better Call Saul is enough proof for me to know they wouldn't do this unless they had it all figured out, so it's pretty exciting news, and I can only imagine how traumatic seeing Jesse's arc continue is gonna be.

Just caught up with better call Saul. Thought it was excellent. Agree it’s unlikely they’ll ruin things with a film.

Yep, I have complete faith in Gilligan and co with anything else they do in the Albuquerque universe.

Better Call Saul has ended up being completely different to what I expected, yet has blown all expectations to the point of I think actually surpassing Breaking Bad.

With Walt's story, the question was always how 'bad' he'd get. With Jimmy / Saul, we know where he ends up. The tragedy is what makes him get to that point? 

Whatever they do with the film, I think it's fair to say it's going to be pretty epic.

Edited by PDAD

Currently watching ATypical on Netflix, fun coming of age comedy drama,  its very witty and well written. Also watching Informer on BBC Iplayer.

• Upvote 1

Currently watching Ozark, 3 episodes in and I'm hooked. Love Jason Bateman's character, thought he was a bit weedy at first but when he's backed into a corner his go to defence mechanism seems to verbally raise the stakes, which makes for interesting tv. Also, Decks Dark by Radiohead was played at the end of the first episode so positives all round.

On 11/21/2018 at 3:14 PM, swede said:

Currently watching ATypical on Netflix, fun coming of age comedy drama,  its very witty and well written. Also watching Informer on BBC Iplayer.

Atypical is great, easy watch and improves over two seasons. Can’t fault a single player in it. 

14 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Daredevil has been cancelled :(

What is season 3 like? Have said it before but all the marvel shows on Netflix would have been better cut to 8 episode series and lose some of the filler. It can't be looking good for Jessica!

5 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

What is season 3 like? Have said it before but all the marvel shows on Netflix would have been better cut to 8 episode series and lose some of the filler. It can't be looking good for Jessica!

Not seen it yet as I'm doing a chronological run back through the MCU. I'm at Daredevil 1 at the moment. Surely it's Netflix being pissy about Disney starting their own streaming service?

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

Just finished it and absolutely adored it, definitely the best Daredevil season and possibly the best of all the Netflix Marvel series (maybe tied with JJ season 1). I assume there must already be work in place for the next season of Jessica and the Punisher, probably their last ones though.

1 hour ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Not seen it yet as I'm doing a chronological run back through the MCU. I'm at Daredevil 1 at the moment. Surely it's Netflix being pissy about Disney starting their own streaming service?

I'd guess it's more the other way around, Disney probably want to be the only place to watch anything Marvel.

3 minutes ago, Dan R said:

I'd guess it's more the other way around, Disney probably want to be the only place to watch anything Marvel.

Yeah I guess. There's rumours of a bunch of series for b list members from the movies for this new Disney streaming service already.

9 minutes ago, Dan R said:

Just finished it and absolutely adored it, definitely the best Daredevil season and possibly the best of all the Netflix Marvel series (maybe tied with JJ season 1). 

JJ season one is my favourite so far, but I preferred Daredevil second season to JJ.

2 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

JJ season one is my favourite so far, but I preferred Daredevil second season to JJ.

I enjoyed DD season 2 but it just didn't leave much of an impression, aside from the Punisher's role in it. Needed a better villain like Fisk or Kilgrave.

Just finished watching house of cards, amazingly I didn't start untill the beginning of the year. In my view it's an amazing show, great actors, great characters and finished at the right time.

29 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Yeah I guess. There's rumours of a bunch of series for b list members from the movies for this new Disney streaming service already.

The Loki one looks a go. He suits being a bit player stealing scenes so a bit worried how a solo project would work, could be pure camp. 

One more Ep on Informer which I have been enjoying

Watch Haunting of Hill house which was great for the creepy parts, not so sure on the ending but wondered what else they could actually do.

2 hours ago, HeyPorter said:

The Loki one looks a go. He suits being a bit player stealing scenes so a bit worried how a solo project would work, could be pure camp. 

Probably one of it not favourite character from the movies so happy to have him back but have the same worries as you.

I've been binge watching through Lie To Me.

How the fuck did I miss that? It's almost a decade old and I've been a Tim Roth fan since Made in Britain. Slipped past me that one.

It's no Cracker, but...