Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

On 10/12/2020 at 4:07 PM, Rufus Gwertigan said:

The walking dead last week. Meh

Which one? Three lots of Walking Dead. The main series (Season 10 Ep 16) concluding the Whisperers storyline, Fear The Walking Dead (Season 6, Ep 1) with Morgan squaring up to the ginger hair-twister from The Boys, or Walking Dead World Beyond (Season 1, Eps 1 to 3) about "endling" kiddywinks?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2020 at 1:43 PM, viberunner said:

Which one? Three lots of Walking Dead. The main series (Season 10 Ep 16) concluding the Whisperers storyline, Fear The Walking Dead (Season 6, Ep 1) with Morgan squaring up to the ginger hair-twister from The Boys, or Walking Dead World Beyond (Season 1, Eps 1 to 3) about "endling" kiddywinks? 

t I caught he world beyond at the weekend and I must stop me I'm not very impressed at the moment

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, jump said:

I've been watching The Queen's Gambit. It's really shockingly good, how knew chess could be most interesting sports drama on tv.

I posted similar on Facebook this week - they made chess exciting and emotional, it was brilliant television. 

I've been watching the Agadmator channel, it's a chess discussion channel and despite not having played for years it's hypnotically and endlessly brilliant and interesting. He's gone from next to subs to approaching a million, has brought so many people back into the game and has taught me so much.

Anyway, he has reviewed three games from the series. Very much worth a watch. Warning though, getting into agadmator can get you into playing chess online. 😄

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I need to put more an effort into my watching. I sort of slowly went through the first 3 seasons of Parks & Recreation while my brother finished the whole lot in about 2 weeks and its been a while since I gave a big documentary or drama a watch. I watched a few documentaries about the US election process just before it, but that's about it.

The new series of Taskmaster has been pretty fun tbf. I'm not sure its up there with the best bits the show has ever done, but its still great entertainment.

• 4 weeks later...

Late to the game but I believe the Queen's Gambit is just about a perfect movie from the casting, the elegant sets and locations to the costuming and make-up. The chess games themselves were based on real masters games and were well choreographed. it had a satisfying ending. It stays with you for a few days to ponder. I can not recommend it highly enough. Check it out. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/9/2021 at 9:41 PM, JacquelineS said:

Late to the game but I believe the Queen's Gambit is just about a perfect movie from the casting, the elegant sets and locations to the costuming and make-up. The chess games themselves were based on real masters games and were well choreographed. it had a satisfying ending. It stays with you for a few days to ponder. I can not recommend it highly enough. Check it out. 

I've got a couple of episodes left and it is really good.  I thought the chess element would be a bit of a blocker, as I can play, but no real skill, but they have handled that aspect really well - very accessible and the chess scene flow really well.  Highly recommended.

On 1/9/2021 at 9:41 PM, JacquelineS said:

On the Graham Norton show they said it had been watch by 62 million different Netfix accounts and the most popular series they have had.

It is brilliant. My Son has started playing due to it

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, viberunner said:

WandaVision has been fun so far.

I watched the first two episodes, it could do a better job of been a homage to old sitcom as feels too much like watching an old sitcom. The 2nd episode was better with them teasing a mystery. I plan on letting them build up now so i can binge them in time for the last episode.

On 1/28/2021 at 9:42 AM, jump said:

I watched the first two episodes, it could do a better job of been a homage to old sitcom as feels too much like watching an old sitcom. The 2nd episode was better with them teasing a mystery. I plan on letting them build up now so i can binge them in time for the last episode.

It'll be a good binge, if 4 hours is really a binge. At this rate it'll be shorter than Lord of the Rings. The first extended film that is, not the entire trilogy.

It has already gone batshit/leftfield/awol. It's not as much of a slow burn as the firs two episodes suggest it might be.

On 2/2/2021 at 5:02 PM, viberunner said:

It'll be a good binge, if 4 hours is really a binge. At this rate it'll be shorter than Lord of the Rings. The first extended film that is, not the entire trilogy.

It has already gone batshit/leftfield/awol. It's not as much of a slow burn as the firs two episodes suggest it might be.

I like the new gear it's kicked into, although I was enjoying the decade leaps. I was hoping for a Frasier style episode.

Haven't watched today's episode, mind.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...