Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

On 7/14/2020 at 5:41 PM, fred quimby said:

Going to get back on this

Have finished season 1 of Money Heist - I noticed there are 4 more. Is it worth it ?  wondering if it will just get dull after a while and have a feeling it will be dragged out

We ended up hate-watching it. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/14/2020 at 3:20 PM, st dan said:

Just finished both series of Succession - ive come to the conclusion that it is the best show I’ve ever watched. The storyline, the writing, the humour, the family dynamic and the acting from the whole main cast is absolutely superb throughout. Can’t wait for more! 

Couldn’t agree more, I’ve just finished season one and it’s probably the best thing I’ve ever watched. The dynamic of Tom and Greg is just so enjoyable, I was actually laughing uncontrollably at the scene when Greg does the Coke at the bachelor party. And that’s not allowing for all the serious scenes and phenomenal acting elsewhere in the show.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2020 at 3:11 PM, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Ok, mind officially blown, it’s pretty obvious now (And probably was to everyone else) but I’ve just found out Roman in Succession is Macauley Cullkins brother. 

Woah. Pretty obvious now you mention it. Thought he seemed somewhat familiar.

On a similar note:

The Rise Of The Murdoch Dynasty (BBC)

That blokes got a lot to answer for.

On 8/2/2020 at 7:20 PM, MrZigster said:

Woah. Pretty obvious now you mention it. Thought he seemed somewhat familiar.

On a similar note:

The Rise Of The Murdoch Dynasty (BBC)

That blokes got a lot to answer for.

It’s crazy isn’t it, once you see it you can’t un-see it.

Funnily enough watched the Murdoch documentary the other night, it’s amazing just how similar the stories are, even down to the kids being almost the same (minus Connor).

But yeah, proper fucked up how much one man was responsible for. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Amazon Utopia remake trailer has dropped. Looks a bit more cutesy "Stranger things" than the original i'm not sure if I should watch it.

I guess it will do well whatever, I bet they can't believe their luck that its coming out during an actual pandemic.

1 hour ago, lost said:

The Amazon Utopia remake trailer has dropped. Looks a bit more cutesy "Stranger things" than the original i'm not sure if I should watch it.

I guess it will do well whatever, I bet they can't believe their luck that its coming out during an actual pandemic.

Loved the original, may give this a go but will be hard to do it justice

Um did it not have nothing to do with Pandemics and more around climate change/ over population,

Oh and the Soundtrack was amazing

Edited by fred quimby

12 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Um did it not have nothing to do with Pandemics and more around climate change/ over population,

Yeah and I think they were planning on solving it by releasing a man made virus. I think this is the 2nd attempt to remake this for the yanks, the first sounded much more promising, David Fincher was onboard and it seemed to be as dark as the original. I'm hoping I'm wrong but as I said the trailer looks a bit "stranger things" kids save the world sort of thing.

5 minutes ago, lost said:

Yeah and I think they were planning on solving it by releasing a man made virus. I think this is the 2nd attempt to remake this for the yanks, the first sounded much more promising, David Fincher was onboard and it seemed to be as dark as the original. I'm hoping I'm wrong but as I said the trailer looks a bit "stranger things" kids save the world sort of thing.

Will take a look

It was indeed a virus but not to kill anyone, shall not say in case folks have not seen it (The fools)

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, jump said:

Ratched is a load of shit. It’s got zero in common with One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest and it’s just not a good show.

I've watched the first two episodes. It seemed like it had some interesting plot but i couldn't care about any of the characters. Probably wasn't going to watch the rest anyway. 

On 9/23/2020 at 12:08 AM, kaosmark2 said:

I've watched the first two episodes. It seemed like it had some interesting plot but i couldn't care about any of the characters. Probably wasn't going to watch the rest anyway. 

As it goes along it just gets more silly with it's plot.

Making her interesting at all undoes One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest as it's her ordinary pettiness which drives the film.

• Like 1

Obviously The Boys is one of the best things on the screen right now.

They've just finishing showing season 2 in the USA, but Yellowstone has been magnificent so far. By the writer of Sicario and writer/director of Wind River (a guy who also starred for a while in Sons of Anarchy). Proper credentials. Kevin Costner leads, his best role in years (not least as he's somewhat vulnerable in this unlike most of his big-screen roles).

Archer and South Park are back, as is the Walking Dead. Good times!

Enjoying the new spitting image though I don't expect it to last long. Firstly because nobody actually has britbox and secondly its definitely a show of its time taking shots at everyone. The reviews seem to suggest comedy nowadays should only punch up so I guess they want 30 minutes of sketches purely about Trump and Boris, people like Greta Thunberg should be off limits.

4 hours ago, lost said:

Enjoying the new spitting image though I don't expect it to last long. Firstly because nobody actually has britbox and secondly its definitely a show of its time taking shots at everyone. The reviews seem to suggest comedy nowadays should only punch up so I guess they want 30 minutes of sketches purely about Trump and Boris, people like Greta Thunberg should be off limits.

It depends on how the comedy is done and I don't think Splitting Image's caricature style is sharp enough to get the balance right to portray a mentally handicapped teenage girl doing saintly activism without it seeming like crass bullying.

Of course it could just work in it's favor and declares itself as non-woke and anti-pc etc to create viewers from the controversy.

I've just finished watching Future Man, I'm really surprised by how much fun it was. It's does smart-stupid perfectly and I regret not watching it sooner as it sounded liked a shit nostalgia joke which put me off.

On 10/13/2020 at 10:14 AM, lost said:

I've only seen clips of it (like you say, no one has Britbox) but what I saw was awful. Not because of punching up or down, or it's level of wokeness. It was just bad. Weirdly bad. Mrs Brown's Boys levels of bad. 

3 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

I've only seen clips of it (like you say, no one has Britbox) but what I saw was awful. Not because of punching up or down, or it's level of wokeness. It was just bad. Weirdly bad. Mrs Brown's Boys levels of bad. 

Sadly I have to agree.  We ended up getting Britbox, mainly to see Spitting Image, which turned out to be a big disappointment.  Never mind we've now got repeats of the Vicar of Dibley to watch on Britbox instead.  Plus, in upgrading my BT Box, in order to get Britbox, BT also agreed to reduce my monthly broadband charge.