Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

Another great finish to Better Call Saul.  Glad they get 13 episodes for the last season.  Sounds like Kim is going to try to out-Saul Saul, which must be where she either goes too far and pops it or ends up in jail.

Caught up with Ozark too - again the season feels too short - fantastic cast and really well put together.

On 4/24/2020 at 7:34 AM, gary1979666 said:

Another great finish to Better Call Saul.  Glad they get 13 episodes for the last season.  Sounds like Kim is going to try to out-Saul Saul, which must be where she either goes too far and pops it or ends up in jail.

Caught up with Ozark too - again the season feels too short - fantastic cast and really well put together.

BCS is great. Started watching BB back through after finishing the latest BCS season, it's amazing how many call forwards and little plot lines/throw away lines from BB are being explored in BCS. It's amazing.

45 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

BCS is great. Started watching BB back through after finishing the latest BCS season, it's amazing how many call forwards and little plot lines/throw away lines from BB are being explored in BCS. It's amazing.

Yeah they've done a great job at making the two series connected in more ways than just Saul and Mike (+ other returning characters). Only read up recently that both Nacho and Lalo are mentioned by Saul in his first encounter with Walt and Jesse which is something that completely passed me by on a recent rewatch. 

I'm incredibly excited for the last season, both to see what happens with the likes of Nacho, Lalo and Kim who are all absent from BB (got an inkling that they're not all gonna be killed off like a lot are expecting) but also to see how they wrap Saul's post-BB life as Gene - think that part of his story will get a few episodes at the end of the season, hence the extra episodes.

58 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah they've done a great job at making the two series connected in more ways than just Saul and Mike (+ other returning characters). Only read up recently that both Nacho and Lalo are mentioned by Saul in his first encounter with Walt and Jesse which is something that completely passed me by on a recent rewatch. 

I'm incredibly excited for the last season, both to see what happens with the likes of Nacho, Lalo and Kim who are all absent from BB (got an inkling that they're not all gonna be killed off like a lot are expecting) but also to see how they wrap Saul's post-BB life as Gene - think that part of his story will get a few episodes at the end of the season, hence the extra episodes.

Yeah just stumbled on the Nacho and Lalo thing via YouTube, made me wanna rewatch. Krazy 8 stuff is well linked too. I've seen people speculate that Kim could be in the background during the events of BB but i don't think so. Also when we're introduced to Saul (in BB) he cat calls at his receptionist which seems a far cry from the Jimmy we know at the point in BCS right now.

Edited by WS_Jack_III

8 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Yeah just stumbled on the Nacho and Lalo thing via YouTube, made me wanna rewatch. Krazy 8 stuff is well linked too. I've seen people speculate that Kim could be in the background during the events of BB but i don't think so. Also when we're introduced to Saul (in BB) he cat calls at his receptionist which seems a far cry from the Jimmy we know at the point in BCS right now.

I'm just in the last episodes of a BB rewatch and I hope they don't try and make out she's there all along. Unless they release a complete re-edit ahah. 

I've been saying for years that BCS is better and was expecting rewatching BB to test that but it has just cemented it. It actually makes BCS even better. So many neat little touches, it was pure coincidence but I watched the episode where Mike tells Gus in BCS that fear isn't an effective motivator and the episode of BB where Gus tells Mike that he doesn't think fear is an effective motivator almost back to back. Its a tiny thing, and in most cases it would just seem flat out contradictory, but the way it's played here it resonates and adds so much to Gus and how important Mike becomes to his operation (and potentially how he's learnt from his mistakes...). It's totally in character that Mike wouldn't call him out for saying his words back to him as well. Just one of many moments like it. 

Love it.

14 hours ago, priest17 said:

I'm just in the last episodes of a BB rewatch and I hope they don't try and make out she's there all along. Unless they release a complete re-edit ahah. 

I don't think they're gonna make out like she was actually sitting at home waiting for Saul every night whilst BB was taking place and it just happened to never cut to Saul's home life, but I do think she was alive and (potentially) well during the coarse of BB, possibly in hiding, or possibly having cut off all contact with Saul. A point that may lend itself to this is that she's originally from Nebraska, which is where Jimmy/Saul/Gene is now working at a Cinnabon. Think that's all gonna link together in the end somehow. Kim dying has been such a big question looming over the whole of BCS that I think they're gonna shock everybody by having her show up in Gene's current timeline.

Although fully prepared for this to just be one of those nutball theories that were frequent towards the end of BB (Walt kills Skyler and steals her identity is one I remember fondly...)

Edited by FloorFiller

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I don't think they're gonna make out like she was actually sitting at home waiting for Saul every night whilst BB was taking place and it just happened to never cut to Saul's home life, but I do think she was alive and (potentially) well during the coarse of BB, possibly in hiding, or possibly having cut off all contact with Saul. A point that may lend itself to this is that she's originally from Nebraska, which is where Jimmy/Saul/Gene is now working at a Cinnabon. Think that's all gonna link together in the end somehow. Kim dying has been such a big question looming over the whole of BCS that I think they're gonna shock everybody by having her show up in Gene's current timeline.

Although fully prepared for this to just be one of those nutball theories that were frequent towards the end of BB (Walt kills Skyler and steals her identity is one I remember fondly...)

Yeah I can see that, them moving her away being how he ends up with the number to the vacuum repair shop would make sense.

Hopefully it ends in the gene timeline with Kim, Jimmy and Nacho all receiving medals and smiling at each other a la Star Wars.

I've just finished watching Hollywood on Netflix, is basically a what if about Hollywood being more progressive in the 50s and having openly gay people, non-white people in starring movie roles, women in power etc. The acting, premise and sets are great but the ending is so sugar sweet that you just end up rejecting it and thinking it was a load of bollocks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2020 at 10:10 AM, bunique said:

Normal People on iPlayer was televisual perfection. Up there with Fleabag for being an absolute treat. 

Myself and my wife met in school so the nostalgia with this one is profound and disorienting.

• Upvote 1

On 5/7/2020 at 10:10 AM, bunique said:

Normal People on iPlayer was televisual perfection. Up there with Fleabag for being an absolute treat. 

Really?

I thought it was underwhelming. 

It also made me feel old as I thought the sex scenes went on just that bit too long 😳

On 5/21/2020 at 1:54 PM, metallimuse said:

Really?

I thought it was underwhelming. 

It also made me feel old as I thought the sex scenes went on just that bit too long 😳

:lol: a lot of people seem to have found the sex scenes an uncomfortable watch but I thought the way the scenes between Connell and Marianne were handled was exceptionally well done. The first one where he expertly demonstrated how easy it is to confirm consent, especially. And I think some of the other scenes, Marianne with other partners, were designed to make us feel a bit uncomfortable. I read the book straight after and will watch the series again. The scene in ep10

where Connell pours his heart out to the therapist
was so close to the bone personally that it physically hurt to watch it. Brilliant stuff.  Edited by bunique

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 4:07 PM, Rufus Gwertigan said:

A guilty pleasure but I am obsessively watching the box set of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on All4. 

That was a great show, the later seasons get a bit messy and I never liked how my favourite character Anya was treated at the end.

I re-watched the entire thing a few years ago during my cardio gym sessions. I got to the episode where it's completely silent but I go so into it I got off the machine and just watched the entire episode in the corner of the gym looking like a complete nutter as I was that engrossed.

Edited by jump

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished both series of Succession - ive come to the conclusion that it is the best show I’ve ever watched. The storyline, the writing, the humour, the family dynamic and the acting from the whole main cast is absolutely superb throughout. Can’t wait for more! 

Edited by st dan

3 hours ago, HeyPorter said:

Dark, just wow. The Germans showing everyone how sci-fi should be done. 

Going to get back on this

Have finished season 1 of Money Heist - I noticed there are 4 more. Is it worth it ?  wondering if it will just get dull after a while and have a feeling it will be dragged out

4 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Going to get back on this

Have finished season 1 of Money Heist - I noticed there are 4 more. Is it worth it ?  wondering if it will just get dull after a while and have a feeling it will be dragged out

Money Heist peaks with season 3, S4 is a drag though. Been stuck on the last ep for a while but have been neglecting Netflix a bit until Dark returned. 

6 hours ago, st dan said:

Just finished both series of Succession - ive come to the conclusion that it is the best show I’ve ever watched. The storyline, the writing, the humour, the family dynamic and the acting from the whole main cast is absolutely superb throughout. Can’t wait for more! 

Just rewatched them both, season two is a masterpiece. Jeremy Strong one of the best actors going. 

Edited by HeyPorter
Just not not!