Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

21 hours ago, Astroman said:

On the Psychic TV 'Themes' 1982 album it starts with a looped sound of what I took to be some kind of jungle animal. Years later I discovered it's the weird  high pitched chuckle of Jim Jones.

I thought I'd got this wrong after I'd signed off. It had me digging out my PTV albums. The looped Jones sample kicks off side 2 of Themes 2 recorded in 1984.

Back on the tv topic, tonight's viewing: Homeland

Monday is telly night. Westworld, The Walking Dead, Inside No 9, Last Week Tonight With John Oliver.

On 2/21/2020 at 1:29 PM, fred quimby said:

Watched Stranger

Alright I guess

My wife and I really enjoyed it

There is another couple of Harlan Coben adaptations around- Safe on Netflix and Just One Look on More4 that we might have as look at. 

25 minutes ago, dondo said:

There is another couple of Harlan Coben adaptations around- Safe on Netflix and Just One Look on More4 that we might have as look at. 

We binged on Safe after the Stranger.  It was pretty good too, once you get over Michael C Hall's British accent.

I think there's another on called The Five on Sky from a few years ago too.

2 hours ago, dondo said:

Will have a look at them

Watch Horse Girl (Netflix) on Saturday night. Now I was a little bit altered, but man that was an odd film.

23 hours ago, Astroman said:

I thought I'd got this wrong after I'd signed off. It had me digging out my PTV albums. The looped Jones sample kicks off side 2 of Themes 2 recorded in 1984.

Back on the tv topic, tonight's viewing: Homeland

Monday is telly night. Westworld, The Walking Dead, Inside No 9, Last Week Tonight With John Oliver.

+ The Simpsons, Family Guy, Bobs Burgers, Top Gear, Avenue 5, Batwoman, Better Call Saul, Doctor Who, Harley Quinn and The Outsider all ready to watch Monday morning. Gonna take me a while. I'd just kind of cleared my backlog as well...

• 1 month later...

After watching Picard I'm currently binging the 90's Start Trek shows. Tbh I think Deep Space Nine was better than The Next Generation, there were some right shitty episodes of TNG.

Some of the cameos in Star Trek are right weird, I've spotted Tom Morello and Iggy Pop and when I was googling to see if I was right I spotted the Fleetwood Mac drummer playing a random jellyfish alien.

I've seen 2 episodes of Tiger King so far and it is as batshit as I thought.

Should've expected as such tbf. I saw Joe Exotic's Presidential candidacy video on Last Week Tonight years ago, which triggered a memory as to why the name sounded familiar, and probably could've guessed the background story would be pretty full-on.

28 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

Just finished Ozark S3, gets better every season. Class acting on display as usual but Tom Pelphrey took it to another level, just give him an Emmy now. 

Can't wait to get stuck into this - love the first two.  Bateman is superb in it too.

Currently enjoying Better Call Saul - will be gutted when this one's finished.  Only recently binged up to date - didn't think it would come close to BB, but I think it might be better.

Also liking Money Heist - once I've got used to the weird dubbing.  Good Girls is a bit of a guilty pleasure too, but that's mainly to do with my fondness of Christina Hendrix and Mae Whitman.

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 6:43 PM, charlierc said:

I've seen 2 episodes of Tiger King so far and it is as batshit as I thought.

Should've expected as such tbf. I saw Joe Exotic's Presidential candidacy video on Last Week Tonight years ago, which triggered a memory as to why the name sounded familiar, and probably could've guessed the background story would be pretty full-on.

Going to give this a go when I get some time.

Watched what we do in the shadows at last an loved that

1 hour ago, fred quimby said:

Tiger King is mad. I think it's around episode 5/6 where i was truly shocked at what was happening. Every character is so surreal. Thoroughly entertaining TV though.

Was it the movie or TV show you watched for What We Do In The Shadows? I love the movie, but haven't got round to the show yet.

On 4/3/2020 at 1:14 PM, fred quimby said:

On 4/3/2020 at 2:53 PM, Gromite said:

Tiger King is mad. I think it's around episode 5/6 where i was truly shocked at what was happening. Every character is so surreal. Thoroughly entertaining TV though.

Was it the movie or TV show you watched for What We Do In The Shadows? I love the movie, but haven't got round to the show yet.

I watched episode 5 on Thursday and it was the craziest thing so far. It started with the terrain I did know, which was the bit that appeared in Last Week Tonight, before it got into some truly jaw-dropping territory. The bio at 6 does look like it takes that gauntlet and runs with it, so I'll try to get round to it later.

I'd also been juggling this with the Sunderland documentary on Netflix, which I found watchable. The drama around Josh Maja's contract and the deadline day saga to sign his replacement was particularly well done.

Better Call Saul once again being the best thing on TV with this new season. Can’t wait to see what goes down in this last episode, and got a feeling things aren’t gonna play out like many have been expecting for some time:

Kim dying, hence her absence from BB

Edited by FloorFiller

On 4/14/2020 at 12:31 PM, HeyPorter said:

Westworld is doing some wonderful things again. 

It is absolutely superb. Started watching Devs on the beeb last night and it seems to have a very similar sci-fi theory of the future as westworld based on big data.

Edited by lost

16 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Better Call Saul once again being the best thing on TV with this new season. Can’t wait to see what goes down in this last episode, and got a feeling things aren’t gonna play out like many have been expecting for some time:

Hide contents

Kim dying, hence her absence from BB

I suspected that was on the cards for a while - though they may save it for the last season.  Though part of me thinks he'll cross the line with her one too many times and just push her away as he becomes more Saul and less Jimmy.

8 hours ago, lost said:

It is absolutely superb. Started watching Devs on the beeb last night and it seems to have a very similar sci-fi theory of the future as westworld based on big data.

Gonna let Devs build, been impressed with Garlands directorial output of late and have been anticipating this one. 
Been very impressed with Future Man, very broadly funny but it’s nailing time travel and spoofing every film ever made about it. 

Edited by HeyPorter