Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

1 hour ago, fred quimby said:

may have to look on iplayer, not just for grim footage. fascinating stuff.

here you go (available for 11 months it says):-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000d27r/storyville-jonestown-terror-in-the-jungle-episode-1
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000d28j/storyville-jonestown-terror-in-the-jungle-episode-2

And finding that reminded of something completely different I caught some of the other night, and found watching it to be very relaxing
All Aboard! New Zealand by Rail, Sea and Land

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

And finding that reminded of something completely different I caught some of the other night, and found watching it to be very relaxing

I too caught a bit of it on Sunday. Unfortunately the bit I caught was the train leaving Auckland through Hamilton so probably the dullest part of New Zealand's scenery

On 1/23/2020 at 5:03 PM, eFestivals said:

here you go (available for 11 months it says):-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000d27r/storyville-jonestown-terror-in-the-jungle-episode-1
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000d28j/storyville-jonestown-terror-in-the-jungle-episode-2

Thanks for the link. I know the Jim Jones story well and this had me transfixed. The recordings of him are quite harrowing. 

On 1/31/2020 at 12:35 PM, philipsteak said:

Well The Good Place finale was pretty satisfying I thought. Finished off everyone's stories nicely. Genuinely funny moments, some nice call backs, all in all it was lovely

Apart from the bit where I spent a whole hour ugly crying to the extent I almost flooded my flat 

The last season of Bojack Horseman is out. I’m glad they didn’t do the obvious way of ending the series. 

Despite it going towards stupid humour every now and then it still is the best dark humour show out there, and there handling of mental health issues is brilliant.

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2020 at 12:35 PM, philipsteak said:

Well The Good Place finale was pretty satisfying I thought. Finished off everyone's stories nicely. Genuinely funny moments, some nice call backs, all in all it was lovely

Very much enjoyed it and tied I all up. As Bunique says I am glad it has finished though.

10 hours ago, jump said:

The last season of Bojack Horseman is out. I’m glad they didn’t do the obvious way of ending the series. 

Despite it going towards stupid humour every now and then it still is the best dark humour show out there, and there handling of mental health issues is brilliant.

Man I have never seen it. May have to give that a try as lots say it is good

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 2:10 PM, eFestivals said:

anyone see that Johnstown doc on BBC4 recently? So much real footage, so very grim. :( 

Got round to seeing this now. Very interesting. I knew the story and what happened but it did delve in a bit more and the survivors stories were good.  Such a grim and intriguing set of events event.

Will record it now to MP3 so I can use parts in various music mixes.

On 1/23/2020 at 12:12 PM, The Nal said:

Yeah really enjoyed that.

New Curb Your Enthusiasm is so good

I might be a bit behind given I've only just seen the very first 4 episodes (if not the feature length special).

Got some catching up to do.

On 2/4/2020 at 2:40 AM, jump said:

There was always that mix in Bojack tbf of having some light and silly humour, some very darker humour, and some more dramatic touches.

Was always a consistently good package though. Final series does at least continue that trend.

24 minutes ago, dondo said:

2nd series of You is OK but I'm not enjoying it as much as the 1st.

I felt this and so did the other people I talked to about it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2020 at 11:44 AM, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Thanks for the link. I know the Jim Jones story well and this had me transfixed. The recordings of him are quite harrowing. 

On the Psychic TV 'Themes' 1982 album it starts with a looped sound of what I took to be some kind of jungle animal. Years later I discovered it's the weird  high pitched chuckle of Jim Jones.

I've seen the BBC and other documentaries about him. A real horror story about what people can get away with under the guise of religion.