Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

14 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Watched living with yourself - Not that great

We’re muddling through it too. It has the odd moment but half the time I can’t work out which Miles I’m supposed to be looking at which doesn’t help make sense of the story 

Edited by bunique

Watchmen is much better than I could’ve ever expected. Same creator as The Leftovers which is one of my favourite TV shows and he’s on to another winner here. Never read the graphic novel so not sure how fans of that are finding it, but enjoyed the film and this seems like a great follow up (albeit, returning to the story of the novel rather than the elements that were changed for the film, aka giant squid monster).

Also digging The Mandalorian so far, although need a few more episodes to see if it’s really got legs. They’ve sure pumped a shitload of money in to it - sits right alongside the films in the spectacle department. 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Also digging The Mandalorian so far, although need a few more episodes to see if it’s really got legs. They’ve sure pumped a shitload of money in to it - sits right alongside the films in the spectacle department. 

Those first 3 episodes have been great :) 

I have spoken.

Edited by clarkete

On 11/13/2019 at 9:41 PM, ian the worm said:

Guilt on BBC.  Watched the first two episodes twice (as my wife wants to watch With me but I don’t have the patience to wait). Great story, actors, twists and soundtrack. Also features a proper old school fictional record store In Leith. 

Loved this series- best thing watched in a while

I read that the record shop whilst supposed to be in Leith- the location it was filmed was in Glasgow (as was some other parts of the series as apparently they were struggling to film in Edinburgh, I think due to the festival)

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 4:55 PM, FloorFiller said:

Watchmen is much better than I could’ve ever expected. Same creator as The Leftovers which is one of my favourite TV shows and he’s on to another winner here. Never read the graphic novel so not sure how fans of that are finding it, but enjoyed the film and this seems like a great follow up (albeit, returning to the story of the novel rather than the elements that were changed for the film, aka giant squid monster).

same, getting leftover vibes from it.

Leftovers is the greatest tv show that nobody has seen

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, zero000 said:

Glad someone else has watched it! Absolutely incredible season and a near perfect end to the series. The Vera episode earlier in the season has to go down as one of the best episodes of all time. 

I absolutely loved it.

It was near perfect.

I'll miss it. And the characters.

Esmail rocks.

I've been watching You season 2 on Netflix if that counts. Been still fairly fun and a bit crazier, if IMO not as good as S1.

Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia is also a recent binge-watch. Reached season 11 and its still a group being mutually awful, and still being bizarrely hilarious. Though its quite something a co-worker had a Danny DeVito pumpkin for their Halloween decoration.

• 2 weeks later...