Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

5 hours ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Just binged on the fitst series of Justified. I can't understand how I have missed this. 

Recently finished this after giving up on the first season years ago despite being a huge fan of the leads in it. Gets better as it goes on and finishes well, confirmed what I always knew that Walton Goggins is the finest actor on TV. Can’t wait to see him in the Righteous Gemstones. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, gary1979666 said:

Bit late to the show, but new to Netflix (kept it after the free trial) - just finished S2 of Better Call Saul - it is a fantastic program in every way.

You've picked a good time to start. New series isn't out until next year so you don't have to rush through it. 

It keeps getting better. Think it tops Breaking Bad now

15 hours ago, philipsteak said:

You've picked a good time to start. New series isn't out until next year so you don't have to rush through it. 

It keeps getting better. Think it tops Breaking Bad now

I guess because I know where it ends up, I'm happy for it to meander as much as it likes getting there.  Loving the nods to BB though - the episode last night was the first with Los Pollos Hermanos!

It also makes me think how underused Odenkirk was in BB.  He is brilliant.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/5/2019 at 5:36 AM, MrZigster said:

Thought the latest South Park was bang on form.

Yeah wasn’t up there with the classic episodes/series or anything but was definitely a step in the right direction after a few shakey seasons + the episode that preceded it. Topical but also outright ridiculous, and loved the call back to previous episodes - didn’t feel forced like it often has lately.

On 05 October 2019 at 5:36 AM, MrZigster said:

Thought the latest South Park was bang on form.

On 06 October 2019 at 11:24 AM, FloorFiller said:

Yeah wasn’t up there with the classic episodes/series or anything but was definitely a step in the right direction after a few shakey seasons + the episode that preceded it. Topical but also outright ridiculous, and loved the call back to previous episodes - didn’t feel forced like it often has lately.

On 06 October 2019 at 9:44 PM, HeyPorter said:

Yep. It truly is just the Randy Marsh Show now.

Now trending globally.

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, HeyPorter said:

Finished it today, not that it needed much improvement but it truly gets better each season. I fear Netflix chopping it soon though. 

I think it’s got one more season in it with that suggestion in the last episode that S&Z move in together.  I wouldn’t be sad for it to end after that. 

1 hour ago, Gromite said:

Watched the first episode of His Dark Materials last night, thought it was pretty decent. Clearly a bigger budget than BBC's normal  drama's. Just hope it's better than the film, that was naff

Thought it was a solid start, looks like its not gonna miss loads of themes from the books like the film did and should have enough time to pace it properly. Feeling quite excited for how it's going to progress.

1 hour ago, Gromite said:

Watched the first episode of His Dark Materials last night, thought it was pretty decent. Clearly a bigger budget than BBC's normal  drama's. Just hope it's better than the film, that was naff

I watched it last night and was quite impressed too.  Wonder how far into the books they'll get as books 2 & 3 weren't a patch on the first one.

I've just finished watching the first season 60 Days In, it's an US show where averages people go in jail for 60 days with hidden cameras watching them. There's a lot of talk from the warden about how they want to do this to fix problem in the jail and there's some interesting bits like jail etiquette, watching some of the contestants changing their outlook on prisoners/the system etc but at time it feels too much like typical reality tv with getting obnoxious people on tv for their quick fame.