Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

5 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Watched When They See Us

shocking as expected but really good. Chap who played Corey was brilliant and his story was tear jerking

Yep finished this last night and had genuine tears in my eyes at certain points. Very good and very moving but equally infuriating (the whole ordeal - not the show).

Finished Stranger Things 3 last night. On the whole enjoyed it and they have left a few things open nicely for the next series but I do wonder how long it can keep going for. There are only so many permutations of 'kids save town from monsters then government covers it up'  you can come up with.

I think this was my favourite series of Stranger Things (though the Neverending Story part was almost a shark jump for me) but agree they need to bring it to an end as it’s the same story each time. I cried my eyes out at the letter though. 

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:18 PM, Rufus Gwertigan said:

I am not really enjoying The Handmaid's Tale atm. June seems to be getting away with stuff that would have probably got her hung previously 

yep, struggling as well, they seem to not know the direction they want to go in, sets up a story line, then forget about it.

hoping for some more underground resistance fighting by now

27 minutes ago, pryce said:

yep, struggling as well, they seem to not know the direction they want to go in, sets up a story line, then forget about it.

hoping for some more underground resistance fighting by now

I watched the first two seasons on catch up and had built up a bit of momentum with it....but youre right S3 is becoming a bit dull.  There's not really much more for them to do, aside from the resistance side of things.  Looks like the one who escaped to Canada is likely to be brought back, but feels a bit predictable now.  You just know Bradley Whitford is going to get caught out at some point and will have a grisly end .....prob at the end of the season. 

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoyed The Boys on Amazon, I believe it's pretty different from the books but I've never read them so can't comment. The dolphin scene alone made it worth while.

Preacher is back on Amazon as well, could've done with a recap because I can't remember where the last series ended up but the first episode was great fun.

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Enjoyed The Boys on Amazon, I believe it's pretty different from the books but I've never read them so can't comment. The dolphin scene alone made it worth while.

Preacher is back on Amazon as well, could've done with a recap because I can't remember where the last series ended up but the first episode was great fun.

Both Preacher and The Boys were created by same fella btw Garth Ennis. Preacher in the 90s and The Boys ran 2006-12 

Edited by luckysalt

31 minutes ago, bunique said:

Plodding through OITNB. Glad it’s finishing. I like the exploration of the ICE detention and also Red’s health. But the rest is rehashing old themes   

I've just signed up for a free month of Netflix and had seen S1&2 before - catching up with S3 at the mo.  Sounds like not one to completely binge on!

3 hours ago, gary1979666 said:

I've just signed up for a free month of Netflix and had seen S1&2 before - catching up with S3 at the mo.  Sounds like not one to completely binge on!

I think this is series 7. There are some great moments in the series as a whole but I don’t think you’d be missing much if your trial expires before you get through it!

15 hours ago, zero000 said:

Finished the leftovers about a month ago and I still haven't got over it. Everything seems piss poor by comparison.

My favourite show, criminally underrated, it had some of the more memorable episodes I can remember! Ann Dowd is incredible 

• Upvote 1

On 8/11/2019 at 11:44 AM, Gnomicide said:

Mortimer and Whitehouse Gone Fishing, is there any other show that makes you smile from ear to ear throughout? Just glorious. 

Nope. Great telly. Especially for such a simple concept. 

On 6/10/2019 at 12:00 AM, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Just catching up on season 2 of the deliciously dark Happy on Netflix. All I can think about are exploding nuns. 

On 6/10/2019 at 12:21 AM, HeyPorter said:

All ready to go on that, wanna watch it when I know I’ve got time to blitz it all in one go. Loved the first season. 

On 6/10/2019 at 7:38 AM, pryce said:

First season of happy was one of the best things I watched last year, looking forward to season 2

On 6/10/2019 at 9:06 PM, bunique said:

We loved Happy too, completely unexpectedly! Looking forward to second series. Feels like there is suddenly loads to catch up on

Thanks for recommending Happy. Most way out thing I've seen for ages. Loved it.

And the idiots cancelled it!