Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

10 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Um do you have part time ones as well?

Good Omens on tomorrow on Amazon. Hope they do the book justice

ha nah its just a saying from a podcast I listen too Elis james and John Robbins

Just finished the Deadwood movie, absolutely stunning. Plot contrivances aside it was great to see the finest tv cast of players ever assembled back together again and the script was top notch as always. Pure fan service with a Garret Dillahunt cameo too for good measure. 

On 6/3/2019 at 11:13 PM, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Anyone else catching What we do in the shadows on BBC2? Matt Berry as a vampire is sublime. 

Finally caught up with this, taken a solid premise and lifted it. I could listen to Matt Berry slightly mispronounce anything for hours though to be fair.

Chernobyl was ace. I cant think of a better made TV series ever, the visuals and sound were superb, acting was great and the attention to detail was incredible. Best thing I have seen in ages. 

Genuinely shocking though. I remember when it happened but never appreciated the horror that subsequently followed until now

Anyone who has watched it needs to, it's a brilliantly made and thought provoking  series

On 6/8/2019 at 6:20 AM, HeyPorter said:

The Good Place ending after season 4, feel like it could wrap up perfectly. 

Slightly disappointed with Good Omens, too neat. 

Got one episode to go of Chernobyl, it’s stunned me so far. Very satisfying to watch something not feel the need to binge it. 

I binged Chernobyl and was gripped throughout. 

I have just binged on the new Black Mirror and I have to say that the jury is still out. 

I couldn't really see how The Good Place could do more than 4/5 seasons. I said it as it was airing, but I thought S3 was a lot lower standard of b-plots until Jeremy Beremie onwards. Very excited for the final season though.

Short of someone I know and trust who loves the book letting me know Good Omens is great, I'll probably be leaving it.

1 hour ago, kaosmark2 said:

I couldn't really see how The Good Place could do more than 4/5 seasons. I said it as it was airing, but I thought S3 was a lot lower standard of b-plots until Jeremy Beremie onwards. Very excited for the final season though.

Short of someone I know and trust who loves the book letting me know Good Omens is great, I'll probably be leaving it.

You don't know or trust me, but I really enjoyed Good Omens. It wasn't perfect but it was really fun. I watched the whole thing in one day which I haven't done for ages, even for a short series like this. I really liked the book when I read it, but that was a good fifteen years ago so don't remember it in any great detail.  It's very much at it's best when David Tennant and Michael Sheen are on screen. And I thought the kids were going to annoy me but they were fine in the end. One odd thing, considering the money that Amazon can chuck at things like this was some of the special effects were a bit dodgy. Not quite Dr Who level but not far off. I just tried to think of it as part of it's charm.

3 hours ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

I have just binged on the new Black Mirror and I have to say that the jury is still out. 

Have struggled with Black Mirror since it left Channel 4, keeping on dipping my toe back into it for the odd raved-about ep but then the next one or two is always so weak.

3 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

Michael Schur shows have a tendency to go on for too long so I’m very glad they’re being more careful with this and we should get an all round hugely satisfying final season Leftovers-style hopefully, another stunning series it shares a few things with. 

2 hours ago, philipsteak said:

You don't know or trust me, but I really enjoyed Good Omens. It wasn't perfect but it was really fun. I watched the whole thing in one day which I haven't done for ages, even for a short series like this. I really liked the book when I read it, but that was a good fifteen years ago so don't remember it in any great detail.  It's very much at it's best when David Tennant and Michael Sheen are on screen. And I thought the kids were going to annoy me but they were fine in the end. One odd thing, considering the money that Amazon can chuck at things like this was some of the special effects were a bit dodgy. Not quite Dr Who level but not far off. I just tried to think of it as part of it's charm.

It's just one of those books that defines my childhood memories of loving reading, to the extent that I'm really cautious about a TV adaptation. I've heard very mixed things so far, which is inclining me to avoid it.

14 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

Michael Schur shows have a tendency to go on for too long so I’m very glad they’re being more careful with this and we should get an all round hugely satisfying final season Leftovers-style hopefully, another stunning series it shares a few things with. 

I never watched the American version of The Office, or Parks & Rec, so can't really comment on that side. But I'm glad it's got a planned stop. One of my friends thought they should have ended it after 2, which I could see the argument for, particularly with how the first half of the 3rd season ended up being, but I'm really psyched for the 4th.

20 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Just catching up on season 2 of the deliciously dark Happy on Netflix. All I can think about are exploding nuns. 

All ready to go on that, wanna watch it when I know I’ve got time to blitz it all in one go. Loved the first season. 

• 5 weeks later...