Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

10 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Thanks for the recommendation. Just done a quick search and came up with nil results but I will keep it in mind.

Oops, sorry I gave the wrong title. The Art of Drumming :-

https://www.sky.com/watch/title/series/1d346ff1-f63e-403b-ac12-eb7e9ea1d27a

On 2/26/2019 at 9:42 AM, The Nal said:

Thought the new Partridge was excellent. Some proper laughs in there. 

Good but not classic for me, although plenty of promise and some genuinely laugh out loud moments.

Unlike the new Martin Clunes ‘sitcom’ Warren, which was like a 1980’s formulaic time capsule. Utter, utter dross. 

2 hours ago, henry bear said:

Good but not classic for me, although plenty of promise and some genuinely laugh out loud moments.

Unlike the new Martin Clunes ‘sitcom’ Warren, which was like a 1980’s formulaic time capsule. Utter, utter dross. 

This could've been written word for word by me. Apart from possibly replacing 'utter, utter dross' with something much ruder. 

3 hours ago, philipsteak said:

This could've been written word for word by me. Apart from possibly replacing 'utter, utter dross' with something much ruder. 

Yeah, I was being kind! Within 20 minutes I’d stopped watching it, deleted the fucker and removed it from series link, never to darken my Sky box again.

Watched Channel 4s  Three Identical Strangers

What a fascinating story

Initial triplets find each other, which I have heard that story before. Through to they (and others) where a Social experiment that no one knew of and nothing to be released until 2066

Great watch

Edited by fred quimby

On 3/6/2019 at 10:16 PM, ThomThomDrum said:

Some of of the interview segments in Leaving Neverland are a very tough watch... 

Started watching episode one last night, didn't realise it was 90 minutes long!

It's sort of strange for a documentary, the colour grading is very cinematic and it was in a weird aspect ratio, at least for me on my laptop.

Regardless of whether MJ actually did sexual stuff with these kids (there's still people defending him) at the very least how weird is it that a 30 something year old man had a new little boy as his best friend every year. I can't believe how easy going the two mothers seemed about MJ asking if their children could have a sleep over with him, surely that would set massive alarm bells ringing for any parent? 

6 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Started watching episode one last night, didn't realise it was 90 minutes long!

It's sort of strange for a documentary, the colour grading is very cinematic and it was in a weird aspect ratio, at least for me on my laptop.

Regardless of whether MJ actually did sexual stuff with these kids (there's still people defending him) at the very least how weird is it that a 30 something year old man had a new little boy as his best friend every year. I can't believe how easy going the two mothers seemed about MJ asking if their children could have a sleep over with him, surely that would set massive alarm bells ringing for any parent? 

The parents were groomed too. 

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2016/06/21/items-discovered-police-michael-jackson/

Evidence Item #509. Book with pictures of nude children.

Evidence Item #510. Disneyland plastic bag containing underclothes and bloodied bed linens

Evidence Item #505. Books with pictures of nude children.

Evidence Item #303. Three books containing nude photographs, including those of teenagers and pre-teenagers.

Etc etc

49 minutes ago, The Nal said:

The parents were groomed too. 

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2016/06/21/items-discovered-police-michael-jackson/

Evidence Item #509. Book with pictures of nude children.

Evidence Item #510. Disneyland plastic bag containing underclothes and bloodied bed linens

Evidence Item #505. Books with pictures of nude children.

Evidence Item #303. Three books containing nude photographs, including those of teenagers and pre-teenagers.

Etc etc

I'd seen something about those items being found but they weren't illegal under US law? How is that possible?

Yes, the parents were wined and dined and I guess charmed by MJ but I dunno man, I guess the chase for fame blinded them. 

6 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

I'd seen something about those items being found but they weren't illegal under US law? How is that possible?

Yes, the parents were wined and dined and I guess charmed by MJ but I dunno man, I guess the chase for fame blinded them. 

80s and 90s laws. "Nudist". 

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

80s and 90s laws. "Nudist". 

I was born in 1990 so my first knowledge of MJ being dodgy around kids was in 2003 after that C4 doc. He was clearly the biggest star on the planet late 80s early 90s, were there rumblings of his behavior back then? I know something happened in 93 but I mean before that, didn't people find it extremely odd that he was "best friends" with young boys.

I did however find time last night to catch up on the first two episodes of Race Across the World. It's currently airing on the BBC on Sunday nights and is also available on the iplayer. It's a great watch and if you're into your travel there are some decent references to lots of places worth visitng. Great concept too, looking forward to the next episode.

On 3/12/2019 at 11:56 AM, ThomThomDrum said:

Enjoyed Gervais’ After Life on Netflix. Very funny in parts, very emotional and sad in others, and some pretty dark moments too that really unsettled me also. 

Yes it was good but not his best work by a long shot. Episode 1 wasn't a great start I thought. It's very much worth seeing it through though, I got quite teary throughout. He's always been good at closing out a season, I did feel the jump was a bit quick though with his change of heart.

26 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Yes it was good but not his best work by a long shot. Episode 1 wasn't a great start I thought. It's very much worth seeing it through though, I got quite teary throughout. He's always been good at closing out a season, I did feel the jump was a bit quick though with his change of heart.

I keep reading this, but I've not managed to get past the first episode yet. It's not great

54 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

I keep reading this, but I've not managed to get past the first episode yet. It's not great

1st episode is by far the weakest.

49 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Getting the impression After Life is proving to be very Marmite in nature. 

Ricky Gervais in a nutshell.