Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

9 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

New series of True Detective is alright so far and more in line with the first series than the mess of a second series but it’s still missing the intensity of the first, and three episodes in just seems to be plodding along. Mahershala Ali in the lead is definitely holding it all together and stopping it from being a total snooze fest. Hoping it’s gonna pick up as the series proceeds.

I’m doing my best to hold off on it then will smash it when it’s all good to go. Yeah there’s no way it’s gonna match the first season but as long as it stays away from being anything like the second then I’m happy, whole thing appears to be doing well so far though. 

21 hours ago, philipsteak said:

Thanks for the reminder. Been meaning to watch that. Downloaded to watch on a flight this weekend

What's your thinking? Are they in on the joke or not

It is strange watching, and who knows how much control they had on the editing.

Had not realised how big Matt was in the states with his Vegas residency.

Was edited to make it looked like they argued all the time. And man it would not hurt to smile a little. Got to feel for Luke, Especially in the part where he says he went to record the drums for the album and they already had done it on a machine, that's gotta hurt.

Good watch though

8 hours ago, HeyPorter said:

Good Place season 3 thoughts anyone? Didn’t realise it was the finale till I checked iMDB after I finished the last episode. Very different to the last two. 

Weaker than the previous seasons, still enjoyable. I thought the first phase, Jeremy beremie episode aside, was lacking, but Janets onwards has regained the spark. 

4 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

Weaker than the previous seasons, still enjoyable. I thought the first phase, Jeremy beremie episode aside, was lacking, but Janets onwards has regained the spark. 

Yeah Janets was outstanding, easily one of the best they’ve ever done. Thought KB raised her game in the finale though and was loving her more than usual. At least we’ve got the Veronica Mars limited series to look forward to whilst waiting for the Good Place to return.  

8 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

Yeah Janets was outstanding, easily one of the best they’ve ever done. Thought KB raised her game in the finale though and was loving her more than usual. At least we’ve got the Veronica Mars limited series to look forward to whilst waiting for the Good Place to return.  

The first half of s3 had lots of b-plots, which were generally weak and removed the full cast dynamics which have made the show so good. Janets was brilliant, and each episode from then on has avoided the b-plot syndrome which makes lots of American comedies drag. 

• 2 weeks later...

Working through some of those things stuck on my Netflix list for a while. 

America Horror story is horror by numbers, but I have found it fun. The second series in particular was very good. After 3 series binge it was getting a bit samey, so giving it a rest, but will probably go back.

Hemlock grove I found the first episode boring, but will probably give it 2 more. Is it worth persisting with ?

16 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Working through some of those things stuck on my Netflix list for a while. 

America Horror story is horror by numbers, but I have found it fun. The second series in particular was very good. After 3 series binge it was getting a bit samey, so giving it a rest, but will probably go back.

Hemlock grove I found the first episode boring, but will probably give it 2 more. Is it worth persisting with ?

First series was by far the best.

Netflix's Norsemen was a great random find for me.

Made by Scandinavians but in English. Just Imdb'ed it and appaently it was originally titled Vikingane. So was it done twice? Because the version I saw didn't look dubbed.

Ah... Wikipedia... Fuck me, that's clever.

Really funny if a bit puerile. But so was Monty Python.

14 hours ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Russian Doll anyone?

I wolfed it down and really enjoyed it.

First few episodes were a touch trying but that midway point pulled me in and I absolutely loved it. Lots of Good Place similarities but I really didn’t mind, very impressed by the end and am hating all these lazy Groundhog Day comparisons. 

On 2/5/2019 at 9:22 AM, MrZigster said:

The BBC's Guitar Drum and Bass is good.

Having watched the SKY Arts,  History of Drumming, the BBC's DRUM episode as good as it was seemed like a bugglegum program in comparison. So, yes I agree, the BBC series is good but then what I'm trying to say is the SKY Arts series on drumming was sooooo much better if you can invest the time. 

On 24 February 2019 at 8:34 PM, whisty said:

Having watched the SKY Arts,  History of Drumming, the BBC's DRUM episode as good as it was seemed like a bugglegum program in comparison. So, yes I agree, the BBC series is good but then what I'm trying to say is the SKY Arts series on drumming was sooooo much better if you can invest the time.

Thanks for the recommendation. Just done a quick search and came up with nil results but I will keep it in mind.