Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

Netflix dropped Iron Fist and Luke Cage due to dwindling numbers. Maybe they should fix their UI and stop burying shows down 8 menus.

Also, the fact that they're producing more and more content should have been added to that conversation. How many of you have stacks of stuff lined up in your lists?

I know I have at least 3 series to watch currently, and that's just off the top of my head. That's at least 30 hours worth of content.

1 hour ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Netflix dropped Iron Fist and Luke Cage due to dwindling numbers. Maybe they should fix their UI and stop burying shows down 8 menus.

Also, the fact that they're producing more and more content should have been added to that conversation. How many of you have stacks of stuff lined up in your lists?

I know I have at least 3 series to watch currently, and that's just off the top of my head. That's at least 30 hours worth of content.

I feel like they will definitely join the two up, makes sense to merge the shows and there’s plenty of source material for it. 

Along with Sky and Prime I always end up back logged, there’s really not much I don’t watch although films have taken a backseat in recent years. People still view me as a massive film buff but I rarely bother with them these days, tv just has so much scope and the writing is more sophisticated than ever. 

39 minutes ago, Retro P said:

I feel like they will definitely join the two up, makes sense to merge the shows and there’s plenty of source material for it. 

Along with Sky and Prime I always end up back logged, there’s really not much I don’t watch although films have taken a backseat in recent years. People still view me as a massive film buff but I rarely bother with them these days, tv just has so much scope and the writing is more sophisticated than ever. 

My immediate thought was it would lead to Power Man & Iron Fist series. 

Edited by WS_Jack_III

15 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

My immediate thought was it would lead to Power Man & Iron Fist series. 

Still find it strange that the cancellations were announced around exactly the same time as Daredevil S3 release. Can’t believe Netflix have spoke the massive ratings drop they’ve suffered with the Marvel shows, something they usually keep to themselves. Looks like DD, JJ and Punisher are safe for now though. 

4 hours ago, Retro P said:

Still find it strange that the cancellations were announced around exactly the same time as Daredevil S3 release. Can’t believe Netflix have spoke the massive ratings drop they’ve suffered with the Marvel shows, something they usually keep to themselves. Looks like DD, JJ and Punisher are safe for now though. 

Don't think it came from them actually. Analytics from other sources so it's actually more of a guess.

6 hours ago, Retro P said:

My understanding was Luke Cage was canned as the show runner and the execs were arguing over the direction of the show. 

23 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

The Breaking Bad universe is rumoured to be getting a feature film.

Confirmed now, and is seemingly gonna be about what happened to Jesse post-BB.

Usually I'd think this was an awful idea/cash in, much like I think is the case with The Walking Dead's recent revelation, but Better Call Saul is enough proof for me to know they wouldn't do this unless they had it all figured out, so it's pretty exciting news, and I can only imagine how traumatic seeing Jesse's arc continue is gonna be.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Usually I'd think this was an awful idea/cash in, much like I think is the case with The Walking Dead's recent revelation, but Better Call Saul is enough proof for me to know they wouldn't do this unless they had it all figured out, so it's pretty exciting news, and I can only imagine how traumatic seeing Jesse's arc continue is gonna be.

My thoughts exactly.

Edited by WS_Jack_III

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2018 at 12:44 AM, WS_Jack_III said:

So the star of s2 is Kathleen Zellner, Steven's new lawyer. Not sure how much you've kept up with the case since s1 but she is fascinating to watch and see what she's been tweeting about these past few years actually in action. She basically pisses all over the evidence that was used to convict Steven. She recreates and reenacts to try and make things they way the state said it was.

I ended up watching it. I enjoyed it more than I expected. However like many Netflix offerings felt 10 episodes cut be cut to 6.

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I ended up watching it. I enjoyed it more than I expected. However like many Netflix offerings felt 10 episodes cut be cut to 6.

Really? I could have watched more of her deconstrhcting the state's evidence. Apparently some bits were left out. She's been tweeting about it. 

On 11/18/2018 at 9:04 AM, pink_triangle said:

Yeah that was how I felt. The first 5 or 6 were spun out but it picked up in the last few I thought. Interesting case.

On 11/8/2018 at 9:15 AM, FloorFiller said:

Just caught up with better call Saul. Thought it was excellent. Agree it’s unlikely they’ll ruin things with a film.

Yep, I have complete faith in Gilligan and co with anything else they do in the Albuquerque universe.

Better Call Saul has ended up being completely different to what I expected, yet has blown all expectations to the point of I think actually surpassing Breaking Bad.

With Walt's story, the question was always how 'bad' he'd get. With Jimmy / Saul, we know where he ends up. The tragedy is what makes him get to that point? 

Whatever they do with the film, I think it's fair to say it's going to be pretty epic.

Edited by PDAD

Currently watching Ozark, 3 episodes in and I'm hooked. Love Jason Bateman's character, thought he was a bit weedy at first but when he's backed into a corner his go to defence mechanism seems to verbally raise the stakes, which makes for interesting tv. Also, Decks Dark by Radiohead was played at the end of the first episode so positives all round.

5 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

What is season 3 like? Have said it before but all the marvel shows on Netflix would have been better cut to 8 episode series and lose some of the filler. It can't be looking good for Jessica!

Not seen it yet as I'm doing a chronological run back through the MCU. I'm at Daredevil 1 at the moment. Surely it's Netflix being pissy about Disney starting their own streaming service?

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

What is season 3 like? Have said it before but all the marvel shows on Netflix would have been better cut to 8 episode series and lose some of the filler. It can't be looking good for Jessica!

Just finished it and absolutely adored it, definitely the best Daredevil season and possibly the best of all the Netflix Marvel series (maybe tied with JJ season 1). I assume there must already be work in place for the next season of Jessica and the Punisher, probably their last ones though.

1 hour ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Not seen it yet as I'm doing a chronological run back through the MCU. I'm at Daredevil 1 at the moment. Surely it's Netflix being pissy about Disney starting their own streaming service?

I'd guess it's more the other way around, Disney probably want to be the only place to watch anything Marvel.