Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

1 hour ago, jump said:

Imo it feels like this season is them trying to fix the mistakes of the last season whilst also trying to get it more inline with 1-3. I'm really not fussed with watching it anymore.

I came home at the weekend drunk and noticed the new season Kimmy Schmidt was added to Netflix so I watched the first few episodes whilst drunk/eating a kebab/half asleep so I need to re-watch them but everytime I try I just don't find it as funny as the previous seasons. I'm not sure if it's because I've already half watched it or it's just not as good.

Yeah I get that feeling too but honestly, S4 wasn't that bad. They should have just cracked on.

Few people saying that about Kimmy, I've been really enjoying the new season though.

5 minutes ago, Retro P said:

I really enjoyed season 5, it cut down on the excess of guest stars and distractions of minor odd characters being introduced frequently. Seemed be just back to the family all together again and that’s when it’s at its best  

I feel like the family wasn't together enough still. Why did Portia De Rossi agree to be in it but seemed to be green screened in all her parts?

5 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

I feel like the family wasn't together enough still. Why did Portia De Rossi agree to be in it but seemed to be green screened in all her parts?

Yeah that second half of the eps she disappeared completely, she tends to be the character that is least missed anyway and possibly requested to do as little episodes as possible. Here’s hoping they get Liza Minnelli back for part two, now she was missed and used as a constant plot device so she’s definitely going to return, right? 

28 minutes ago, Retro P said:

Yeah that second half of the eps she disappeared completely, she tends to be the character that is least missed anyway and possibly requested to do as little episodes as possible. Here’s hoping they get Liza Minnelli back for part two, now she was missed and used as a constant plot device so she’s definitely going to return, right? 

Tobias doesn't work very well without her though. Not on board with his new story.

4 was great, Peter Mullen is one of my favourite actors so was great to see him be the focus and see what Delos were upto. Episode 8 was something else, was waiting for Fargo’s Zahn McClarnon to shine and he absolutely stole it as Akecheta and has always been important to what’s going on. Answered so many questions and wasn’t shifting all over the place as usual. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2018 at 5:58 PM, Retro P said:

That Westworld finale, stay for the post-credits scene. 

Never has there been a show where I've immediately had to jump online to have somebody explain to me what's just happened as much as this show. I do enjoy it a lot (even if this second series wasn't as good as the first) but the switching timeframes are pretty hard to keep up with. 

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Anybody watch Luke Cage s2? 

I'm up to the last episode. It seems to have scored pretty well on review sites but I feel like it has been spinning its wheels a bit.

I enjoyed it but the stuff about how Luke suffers from anger issues seemed too forced for me, in the previous shows he looked bored whilst fighting and would just swat people away but now he's meant to have this uncontrollable rage when fighting people. 

I did really like the line from Bushmaster, the Jamaican baddie where he becomes outraged that Luke has out ran Usain Bolt and he's disrespecting Jamaica. For some reason it made me laugh.

1 minute ago, jump said:

I enjoyed it but the stuff about how Luke suffers from anger issues seemed too forced for me, in the previous shows he looked bored whilst fighting and would just swat people away but now he's meant to have this uncontrollable rage when fighting people. 

I did really like the line from Bushmaster, the Jamaican baddie where he becomes outraged that Luke has out ran Usain Bolt and he's disrespecting Jamaica. For some reason it made me laugh.

The bolt stuff was funny. I just feel like there's so much talking in this season. It's certainly my second least favourite season of the MCU TV shows. Iron Fist being bottom but not as bad as people made out.

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Retro P said:

Bojack season 5 absolutely knocking it out of the park. Most important show on tv right now. 

Yep it amazes me how it keeps getting better and better. As somebody with mental health problems myself it’s sometimes embarrassing just how much I can relate to and see myself in Bojack. It’s also very funny and very entertaining. Best Netflix original by a mile.

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:08 AM, FloorFiller said:

Yep it amazes me how it keeps getting better and better. As somebody with mental health problems myself it’s sometimes embarrassing just how much I can relate to and see myself in Bojack. It’s also very funny and very entertaining. Best Netflix original by a mile.

I love Bojack but actually thought S5 was the weakest series since the first, don't get wrong, it's still great but I can't help but feel it's starting to tread old ground a bit.

Best episodes were the ones that played with the format - the funeral, the four parties and the therapists.

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I love Bojack but actually thought S5 was the weakest series since the first, don't get wrong, it's still great but I can't help but feel it's starting to tread old ground a bit.

Best episodes were the ones that played with the format - the funeral, the four parties and the therapists.

Yeah, it's highpoints aren't as high as previous seasons. Although this season's ending was probably the closest it will get to a happy ending.

On 9/17/2018 at 4:43 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I reckon I'm about 5 eps into Luke Cage series 2, first series was my favourite Marvel TV thing, this one really isn't anything like as good, but still enjoyable.

Like most of the marvel shows they would be better if the series were 5 episodes shorter and the episodes each lost 10 minutes.

1 minute ago, pink_triangle said:

Like most of the marvel shows they would be better if the series were 5 episodes shorter and the episodes each lost 10 minutes.

Marvel’s Inhumans was 8 episodes and 40 minutes each....

Netflix could do with changing their ‘12 hour film’ format for the Marvel shows on there, avoid the middle sag they always suffer.