Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

On ‎21‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 6:56 PM, swede said:

Been watching IZombie, it’s daft and light, good for on a night after work when you don’t want anything too heavy, half way through season 2 and really enjoying it 

I really enjoyed the show but the current season hasn't really clicked with me the same way the first did and I've stopped. 

8 hours ago, Retro P said:

Friday Netflix are releasing a recut and more linear looking version of Arrested Development season 4, building up the hype to the forthcoming 5th season. Time to watch all over again anyway. 

Why? Just why?

Love Arrested Development. You don't edit genius ffs.

An abridged Fawlty Towers anyone?

3 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

I think it's actually going to be longer

Ah. Right. Thanks for clarifying.

And "more linear"?

I thought part of the charm of S4 was the whole "same episode but from a different character's aspect" schtick.

Sounds interesting now.

17 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Why? Just why?

Love Arrested Development. You don't edit genius ffs.

An abridged Fawlty Towers anyone?

Season 4 wasn’t genius at all, the making of it seemed to work around the convenience of the actors who are all bigger deals then they were over 10 years ago. And come on who really wanted stand-alone episodes with Lindsay Bluth. Sounds like they’ve gone back to the original format for season 5 anyway. 

On 12 May 2018 at 5:31 AM, Retro P said:

The Expanse cancelled after 3 seasons, scandalous. Here’s hoping a streamer picks it up as it seems to get some love on Netflix over here.

Came here to moan about the same thing. It's just so atmospheric. A proper "in space" vibe. Also reminds me of reading Larry Niven as a teenager. I think they copied The Belter's mohican strip haircuts from there.

Have they been given a chance to wind it down, or has it just been cancelled abruptly with its storyline hanging in the air?

12 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Have they been given a chance to wind it down, or has it just been cancelled abruptly with its storyline hanging in the air?

With over half a season left to air in the states they’ll probably do a rush job finale. Think it was too big budget for SyFy to continue and strangely classy for that channel. There’s so much source material left and it has the word-of-mouth factor going for it. It apparently does very well on both Amazon and Netflix overseas so here’s hoping one of them saves the day (preferably Netflix). 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2018 at 7:18 AM, Retro P said:

With over half a season left to air in the states they’ll probably do a rush job finale. Think it was too big budget for SyFy to continue and strangely classy for that channel. There’s so much source material left and it has the word-of-mouth factor going for it. It apparently does very well on both Amazon and Netflix overseas so here’s hoping one of them saves the day (preferably Netflix). 

It’s official, Amazon have saved the Expanse and it will get a season 4. 

Just watched season 5 (first half) of AD. Think they've lost the magic. I didn't mind S4 too much and don't think the remix did it any favours but it certainly seems they can't quite reach the heights of those first 3. 

There's still funny bits and it does start picking up as it goes on but there seems to be an over use of Ron Howards narration now. Also, why have they only released half of it? Is it not all finished or something?

I think they said S6 will be the final season (if they get to it with everything going on) and I think they should probably look to end it now.

I was so excited for it too, but it's just okay, so far anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:49 PM, WS_Jack_III said:

Just watched season 5 (first half) of AD. Think they've lost the magic. I didn't mind S4 too much and don't think the remix did it any favours but it certainly seems they can't quite reach the heights of those first 3. 

There's still funny bits and it does start picking up as it goes on but there seems to be an over use of Ron Howards narration now. Also, why have they only released half of it? Is it not all finished or something?

I think they said S6 will be the final season (if they get to it with everything going on) and I think they should probably look to end it now.

I was so excited for it too, but it's just okay, so far anyway.

Imo it feels like this season is them trying to fix the mistakes of the last season whilst also trying to get it more inline with 1-3. I'm really not fussed with watching it anymore.

I came home at the weekend drunk and noticed the new season Kimmy Schmidt was added to Netflix so I watched the first few episodes whilst drunk/eating a kebab/half asleep so I need to re-watch them but everytime I try I just don't find it as funny as the previous seasons. I'm not sure if it's because I've already half watched it or it's just not as good.