Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

• 2 weeks later...

I've just finished the first episode of westworld and thought it was very promising. I haven't seen the film from the 70's so I've no idea if it follows that story line at all. 

1 hour ago, lost said:

I've just finished the first episode of westworld and thought it was very promising. I haven't seen the film from the 70's so I've no idea if it follows that story line at all. 

haven't watched it yet but am pretty excited. looks like they've pumped a hell of a lot of money in to it, which obviously doesn't guarantee quality, but it sure as hell looks good

16 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

haven't watched it yet but am pretty excited. looks like they've pumped a hell of a lot of money in to it, which obviously doesn't guarantee quality, but it sure as hell looks good

I was going to wait and get a couple or 3 episodes before I started watching, just to get a better flavour.  I was a big fan of the original book/film and from what I've read the different slant they are using for this series sounds interesting.

2 hours ago, Spindles said:

Looks like some decent actors lined up and while the level of polish in the C4 incarnation was always high this looks like some next level production values.

Very excited for this series.

Looks really good. Hope it doesn't come across as too "Amercianised", but I can't see Brooker letting the soul be sucked out of the show.

I've seen comments suggesting that some feel that will be the case, but the casting choices seem to be on par with those made for the first 2 series and I have strong hope that the creative team behind the series would keep a strong hand on the values that have made it what it is.

Anybody seen this Amanda Knox doc on Netflix? The journo on there from the Hate Mail really is a total piece of shit. Think of how slimy and devoid of any moral fibre you imagine the people who write that rag to be; this guy is so above and beyond that, it's incredible. He's put on a twatty suit and done his hair like Simon out of the Inbetweeners, and then strode into a Netflix studio to recount with unbridled glee how he jumped in with both feet into a tragedy and made a worldwide panto from it. Possibly the biggest c**t in all of existence.

The programme is well worth a watch; pretty disturbing, but not entirely surprising display of how completely cartoonishly fucked up tabloid media culture is. Amanda Knox and that Italian guy are just another two innocent dweeby kids who've had their lives ruined by it. To me it's just about as sad as Meredith Kercher being murdered, but far more disturbing because she was fucked over by a massive system that does this all the time rather than a freak attack by a random psycho.

On 18/09/2016 at 9:28 AM, feral chile said:

My husband just showed me a clip of Naked attraction. On mainstream telly.

:o:o:o

"What do you think of the willy? Have a good look" is the kind of quote people might have expected on C4 years ago. They know that nudity gets the viewing figures up whatever the context. I thought these shows were generally funnier than most of the stuff masquerading as comedy these days.

I saw the series finale of Shades Of Blue this week, it's been one of the best new shows I've seen this year. Ray Liotta and Jennifer Lopez made this 'one to watch'.

Watched the first episode of Westworld - was okay without bein mind blowing, but it definitely has potential to be amazing and I've heard the second episode is better than the first. Definitely gonna stick with it

edit: watched the second episode and thought it was much better than the first. the first one felt more like an introduction to the world - the second one gets the plot properly going

Edited by FloorFiller

Finished The Night Of last week. Thought the first episode was incredibly well done, wasn't as enamoured with the rest of it. I think at times it was hard to get a feel for how much time was passing which made some parts hard to believe. It has really stuck with me though so on some level it must have impressed me!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2016 at 9:02 AM, bunique said:

Finished The Night Of last week. Thought the first episode was incredibly well done, wasn't as enamoured with the rest of it. I think at times it was hard to get a feel for how much time was passing which made some parts hard to believe. It has really stuck with me though so on some level it must have impressed me!

Finished it last night. Thought it was really good maybe the best I have watched for a bit. Gald it was all wrapped up. Sad ending though with so manypeople fucked up by it all

I'd recommend Stranger Things on Netflix, finished it last night and at 8 episodes is a good lengthed series. Really good story and some great performances in it.

Tonight the wife's at work so I'll finally get up to date with TWD, half of the season 6 finale left. Then watching Joe Rogans new Netflix comedy special, watched about 20 minutes last night and was crying with laughter, the guy has such an interesting outlook on things 

I've watched two episodes of the new Black Mirror.

Nosedive was utterly dreadful and confirmed all my worst suspicions about the direction of Brooker's career.

San Junipero was utterly brilliant and is the best thing he's done in years.

So swings and roundabouts really.

Edited by Winslow Leach