Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

There's a show in the US called Stitchers on ABC Family. Three episodes in and it's probably the best of the shows that have started recently. Basically, they can get into the memories of dead people for a set amount of time before the brain shuts down completely. The premise is more enjoyable than it sounded to me initially and there's some fun characters in there, as well as some intriguing, if a bit predictable to start with, stuff going on.

Started Daredevil on Netflix. 2 episodes in and really enjoying it, has a level of realism and grittiness that the other Marvel franchises don't, really impressed. The fight scene when he is injured at the end of episode 2 was particularly well done, not many fight scenes done like that were the hero is getting visibly tired and worn down as the fight progresses, and the goons not staying down, kept getting back up until they were properly knocked out.   

Episode 2 of Humans was good, I like the concept, i like the casting, and I like the execution. I hope they have a conclusion to the series and not just a plan to roll on and on until it gets shit, which is such a common approach to TV drama production these days.

Totally spoiler free take on True Detective coming up, but I will tag it just to be safe.

And True Detective was superb. I had serious worries that season 1 would be too hard an act to follow, but when the credits rolled I actually had a little smile to myself and thought "I enjoyed that". The two leads were great - even though I had reservations, and the story looks very engaging - even at this early stage. And despite it being a totally different cast, totally different setting, and a totally different story to S1, it still feels the same. Same camera work, same atmosphere.

The closing shot just before the fade to black was awesome.

After True Detective was The Brink, an HBO US political comedy drama created by a Weeds writer, starring Tim Robbins (yay!) and Jack Black (mmm).

I enjoyed it. It has been accused of lacking satirical bite (The Thick of It it is not) but (spoilers)

they're already verging on nuclear with nuke-jet pilots fucked on MDMA saved only by a drunk politician fresh from a whorehouse

Anyone giving not safe for work ago on channel 4 tonight?

It got a good write up in the metro describing it as the series to define the 30 somethings generation who don't have the opportunities their parents did, stuck in dead-end jobs and house shares..

It's got the girl out of fresh meat in it.

Edited by lost

Just watched the first episode of SCREAM [tv series] considering its been made by MTV its pretty damn good. It does feel like they have taken the original Scream and given it a modern update, rather than a rehash. 

If you liked the original two scream films give it a shot, its below their quality in terms of graphic nature [so far anyway] and likeable characters but is a lot like them, much better than 3 and 4 and nowhere near as goofy. 

It is missing a David Arquette goofy character who in the first two films I found likeable, and theres no Courtney Cox character but these are very early days. The main underlining story I found very enjoyable and that main character I liked also, some of the kids are annoying however.

I'm finding True Detective a bit of a slog to watch. I'm liking it, but just find it hard to remember who they are talking about half of the time, and to follow who is in with who etc. I'm not fed up, just struggling to keep up. Its nothing specific, just details where I am thinkging "should I know what they are on about here?"

anyone else? Or am I just not paying attention properly?

I'm finding True Detective a bit of a slog to watch. I'm liking it, but just find it hard to remember who they are talking about half of the time, and to follow who is in with who etc. I'm not fed up, just struggling to keep up. Its nothing specific, just details where I am thinkging "should I know what they are on about here?"

anyone else? Or am I just not paying attention properly?

I gave up and got bored after about 5 episodes of Season 1.

I gave up and got bored after about 5 episodes of Season 1.

I loved it, although thought the finale fell a bit short.

Just started watching damages. So far so good (only 2 episodes in). Glenn Close plays bitches so well.

Its fantastic in the most part, does wane in the final series imho, but its well worth the time invested for the first few seasons.

Im enjoying TD but yeah you are right it can be tough to follow at times. I find that some mumble words a lot and im straining my ear to hear what they are saying

yeah, the mumbling is a large part of the issue.