Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

It's not really showing us anything new but I'm looking forward to it regardless. Clicked on Bojack Horseman on the grid after that ended and that looks interesting; Will Arnett voicing a washed up showbiz horse sounds good to me.

I really can't get on board with Utopia; it just seems all style and no substance to me and they just run around in circles probably due to poor writing. I found the prefacing episode quite interesting though.

I gave Hannibal another go recently (I'd watched the pilot episode twice before and wasn't drawn in) because of its comparisons to True Detective and ended up binge watching the rest of it. I think that's a vastly underrated show.

really? I tried the pilot, but couldnt get on with the "he's a quirky detective, with his whims and quirks and his spidey sense" etc and I just mentally switched off, followed by physically doing so a short while later.

ive heard large amounts of praise for it since. I might try again.

That's pretty much what kept me thinking about it; all the praise it's subsequently received. You might be best watching the first three or so as the pilot didn't really do it for me either but that storyline developed. When Hannibal gets more involved it's better viewing - Mads Mikkelsen is kinda great as always.

Boardwalk Empire returns for its final season this year too. Don't think it gets the praise it deserves.

I enjoy boardwalk empire, even if it hasn't lived up Rob the original hype. To me the main problem is that while buschemi is a good actor, the leading character of Nucky Thompson is at times a bit dull. I find the secondary characters often overshadow him.

• 4 weeks later...

I will be so sad to see it go though. Despite some massive failings (some terrible acting in places, stupid side plots) I have so much affection for all the characters, and not just of the lustful kind! Although if Jax got a haircut this season it wouldn't be the worst thing...

Ooh, I'll try and keep my posts spoiler free then Gary, get caught up soon, there are some massive shockers coming your way!

The premier is a long one apparently, IMDB have it down as 45 minutes, but the trailers all show a 90 minute runtime. But someone on the imdb board says it is 75min + adverts.

I didnt know that, do you think Gemma is gonna meet a nasty end, or do you think she will be left utterly alone at the end?

Thats pretty much the only 2 ways it should go IMHO.

My guess is...

She told her "spic pimp" (as the show called him) ex-boyfriend she "signed off" on John Teller's death, and he has now joined forces against the club. She has now killed Tara over, well, noting, and has left a dead cop and Jax's gun at the scene. That should be enough for Jax to top her, but my guess is she'll accidentally kill one or both of the kids too, then he'll grind her up.

We'll see.

My guess is...

She told her "spic pimp" (as the show called him) ex-boyfriend she "signed off" on John Teller's death, and he has now joined forces against the club. She has now killed Tara over, well, noting, and has left a dead cop and Jax's gun at the scene. That should be enough for Jax to top her, but my guess is she'll accidentally kill one or both of the kids too, then he'll grind her up.

We'll see.

I think she's a cockroach, and a nuclear holocaust could wipe out everyone in Charming and she'd still be left standing!