Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

If you don't like [the Walking Dead] why do you keep watching the series?

Fair question. First, zombies are great, I love zombie films. Second, because there's there's so little else on TV that I watch anyway, it's "less worse" than Hostages for example. Third, in the hope it gets better - which this season has, at last!

If it hadn't have been zombies I wouldn't have stuck with it. Shitey sci-fi-ish shows like Revolution, Falling Skies, Terra Nova I gave up on very quickly.

If you don't like them, why do you keep watching the series?

I have a thing of "Ive started, now I will finish" with TV and movies. I hate I have it, but I always find myself willing a series that turns to crap to hurry up or get better, or a really bad movie that caught my attention late at night on TV with some kind of interesting start.........I often hate myself for putting up with it, but I do it all the time

Watched the first episode of ressurection tonight, looks good, obviously very similar to the returned so it'll be good to see how closely they follow that story.

I'm the other way around. I've only read each book after the series has aired and then find I enjoy the books more (as I often find that tv/film adaptations lack in comparison to the book, I feel I get the best enjoyment from the series, then build on that with the books).

Right. There was a documentary on not long ago called "Why We Did It" made for MSNBC. Don't really know their political leanings so I can't really say whether this was made with that sort of thing in mind, but either way it's pretty eye opening. Basically, it points out the real reasons for the invasion of Iraq which don't really surprise anyone, but the details of it are news and there's a lot of new confirmation on it.

Anyone watched W1A on BBC? It's really good, funny satire. Similar to the thick of it.

It is v good, it's just a shame that a lot of the characters arent as good as those from 2012. The Welsh woman is like a bad Gavin and Stacy cast off and the intern is very dull and unfunny. Still some moments of genius in it.