Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

Currently I'm trying to work my way through Breaking Bad (don't say a thing!).

Well done on not having it spoilt so far!

The latest episode of True Detective wasn't as spectacular as previous weeks but it's setting itself up for some big climax so that's understandable. I'm more gutted the season's nearly over than excited for the finale though.

Well done on not having it spoilt so far!

The latest episode of True Detective wasn't as spectacular as previous weeks but it's setting itself up for some big climax so that's understandable. I'm more gutted the season's nearly over than excited for the finale though.

Next week's episode should set things up nicely. Something tells me that we're going to get an absolutely monumental reveal next week.

Well... episode seven in the books for True Detective...

The stuff in the storage unit is pretty messed up. One of the best sequences of the season so far, in a season that has had loads of great moments. Looks like we now have our man and it's just a case of getting him now. Not sure how big a part our two friends from the interview have to play. It's pretty clear that Hart and Cohle are pretty much right on the tail though. That guy on the lawnmower at the end was a bit too creepy for my liking as well.

Anyone want to take any guesses as to how this is going to go? I'm taking it as a given that Cohle is for the bullet at some point, as a final act of redemption or something, although it's pretty clear that if anyone has to redeem themselves for past sins, it's probably Hart. It'll be Cohle though. Wondering if Gilbough and Papania are both getting done over in this one. I was thinking those two might even be the ones who walk away.

I'm absolutely gutted it's over next week.

Edited by DomDom1984

Resurection starts next week in america, based on the french show The returned which was on channel 4 recenlty, loved that so will be interesting to see what they've done with it

I know it produces alot of tripe to...but I am totally against the BBC axing BBC3. It's aimmed at realtively pooly represented demographic on TV (The only other channel really aimmed 16-34 is MTV and that's pure tripe now and mostly american shows.)

Online only is obviously code for phase out funding as the dropping numbers justify it!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26447089

Well... episode seven in the books for True Detective...

The stuff in the storage unit is pretty messed up. One of the best sequences of the season so far, in a season that has had loads of great moments. Looks like we now have our man and it's just a case of getting him now. Not sure how big a part our two friends from the interview have to play. It's pretty clear that Hart and Cohle are pretty much right on the tail though. That guy on the lawnmower at the end was a bit too creepy for my liking as well.

Anyone want to take any guesses as to how this is going to go? I'm taking it as a given that Cohle is for the bullet at some point, as a final act of redemption or something, although it's pretty clear that if anyone has to redeem themselves for past sins, it's probably Hart. It'll be Cohle though. Wondering if Gilbough and Papania are both getting done over in this one. I was thinking those two might even be the ones who walk away.

I'm absolutely gutted it's over next week.

Sort of feel the same way as you do in the way it ends up, I'm just glad the Cohle implication looks to have been a herring. When Marty walked through into the storage unit, you're right, that was quite nervy.

I'm also pretty upset about it ending but at least it isn't getting the drawn out treatment that's soured many a good US TV show. There's apparentlyl a new series lined up with new actors in a new town, might not reach the heights of this but with the same writers and directors it should still be very good.

I know it produces alot of tripe to...but I am totally against the BBC axing BBC3. It's aimmed at realtively pooly represented demographic on TV (The only other channel really aimmed 16-34 is MTV and that's pure tripe now and mostly american shows.)

Online only is obviously code for phase out funding as the dropping numbers justify it!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26447089

I'm quite glad. I think the argument that it's devastating for new comedy is flimsy as new comedy had taken a backseat in recent years to mindless reality television. The new comedy was shite anyway, I was saying yesterday that the last decent comedies on Three were probably in the last decade and now it's been relegated to instantly forgettable sitcoms with brash characters doing the same things as previous shows. Pretty much why I stopped watching it anyway.

Switching the funding to BBC One dramas is probably a wise move as it seems to be the age of the TV drama now and BBC taking their slice should be interesting. Not sure what will happen to TITP and R+L coverage though.

I really do hope that season 2 of TD is nothing to do with season 1 and has no link at all. No McConaughey and no Harrelson will be a major loss but I feel this anthology formatted approach to series is brilliant. You get a long, drawn out, character developing, conclusive, epic movie effectively. Brilliant stuff. Cant wait for the last episode

As for how it will go down I reckon Cohle will defo die, but he will do so with the knowledge that he has exposed the Yellow King and the ring/cult. The guy on the lawnmower is the man with scars, yeah? Cohle had met him way back outside Rianne Olivier's school but they jumped into the car to go to the prison to question Dora Langs ex about Ledoux. Lawnmower man is connected to the Ledouxs and is related to the Tuttles. This is the perfect end game for Cohle. The shit is going to hit the fan. He does not want to be part of this world, but before he goes he will have to weed out some of the monsters he hates so much and then he can be at peace. He will die a total hero and I will very much miss him. McConaughey has done a super job here again. Id be surprised if he does not get recognised for this role when the awards season comes around again

There's no link. American Horror Story style stuff for them. They want a lot of the cast to come back and do it though.

I dont know how I feel about that. I like the idea of a full clean break with the exception of writers and directors. But then if they have a good chemistry with the cast maybe its not a bad idea to reuse them......

How long will it take for the viewer to disregard the old characters that some of the cast played in the first series, but? Will it impact how the 2nd series is set up in the minds of people?

Its one thing seeing the same actor in something different, but to see the same cast in something thats the second series in a particularly named program, but its a totally different story with different characters. Will it not cause some initial acceptance issues on the part of the viewer?

Don't want to harp on, and I know people have been really good with spoilers so far, but can we keep TD talk as spoiler free as possible please? I've only seen ep1 so far (and I need to rewatch it cos I was nodding).

Cheers!

Quite enjoyed the first series of almost human. Wouldn't put it in the category of best recent shows but its filled a nice gap when there isn't much else really on