Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

Started "The Americans" last night, was very impressed. It looks like it might be a great show.

Also watched "The white queen" which was good, but Game Of Thrones comparisons are inevitable, and thats some damn big shoes to fill.....

• 1 month later...

Much on the box at the moment? Seems to have gone into a summer lull of new programmes.

Enjoying the last season of Dexter and the Americans is decent enough. Am giving Do No Harm and the Mob Doctor a go, but really just to fill some space.

|There's a new thing on Friday starting - Low Winter Sun - with Mark Strong and Lennie James (American programme, but 2 lead Brit actors). Will give that a go.

Any recommendations?

Love/Hate improves with each series.

Dexter is boring me senseless at the mo, sadly.

Looking forward to new SOA, and we're racing through the True Blood back catalogue at the mo.

Also watching newsroom which is just ridiculous.

Series 1 is brilliant. 80s Melbourne ecstasy wars.

Series 2 is brilliant. 70s Melbourne's "Mr Asia" Kiwi smack syndicate.

Series 3 is pretty dull. Lebanese bar-owners puffing up to each other.

Series 4 is deathly dull. Tries to be Oz Boardwalk Empire but forgot Boardwalk Empire is shite.

Series 5 is pretty good. Post millennium Speed/Meth rackets.

The one-off "films" are pretty good too.

Underbelly doesn't get any better than Series 1 and 2 so enjoy them!! And I'd go straight from Series 2 to Series 5.

season 6 has been on a few weeks

Watching Mad Men at the moment - Veryan well written show.

Between Mad Men and Breaking Bad and the odd rewatches of Futurama (the best cartoon on TV) I don't have time for anything else.

Only 2 new episodes of Futurama left :(

season 6 (underbelly) has been on a few weeks

Set back in the 20s? I'm dodging that one.

I've caught up with the NZ version, the RISE of the Mr Asia syndicate, concentrating on Marty Johnstone rather than Terry Clark. Have to say I'm enjoying it. NZ production values are a little smaller, but it's a lot of fun.

• 3 weeks later...

Enjoyed Peaky Blinders despite the stupid name. It might be historically accurate but it sounds like something from Family Guy.

"you think that's bad, remember the time the BBC made their own version of Boardwalk Empire "

Looks gorgeous, high production values, very HBO. Some ropey accents at times but I'm happy to let those go.

Last ever Dexter? Really. Keep it spoiler free if you dont mind, we still have 2 left to watch. I wasnt aware it was the end. TBH, I thought this season started well, but gradually got worse, hence our lack of urgency to watch last weeks episode.

Just a heads up for those that might not be aware. There is a brand new, one off, "Final Episode" of The IT Crowd on, on C4 on Friday night.