Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

quick tip - dont EVER EVER EVER go on the imdb board for Game Of Thrones. It's full of c**ts who have read the books using huge spoilers in the titles of threads.

I am fucking seething.

I popped on last week as the end credit music played over the last couple of lines

as Jamie's hand was lopped off

and had a similar experience. Although mostly they all seemed aggrieved at the use of modern music!

btw, her name is Daenerys, Khalesi is her title.

One of the best Game Of Thrones so far IMHO.

I've been saying it for ages - she is a serious badass!

Wait, her name isn't Khalesi McBlondyface?... ;)

this is great BTW, its spoiler free if you have seen up to the start of season 3, but I definitely learned one thing I didnt know (it was the father-son relationship that had passed me by).

well worth a watch - a good chance you might learn something you missed like I did.

Yep that was another brilliant episode of Game Of Thrones. Khalissi kicks ass :wub:

I have started reading the books (onto the second one now). They are so well written and everything is described in exquisite detail that it is easy to see why they decided to make it into a TV series. There are a couple of things I picked up on in the books that I missed from the TV series. That father-son relationship mentioned in the above video being one of them.

Oh and that music at the end of the previous episode was bloody annoying. It completely spoiled the "Holy Shit!" moment.

We've started watching Newsroom (Jeff Bridges, Emily Mortimer, written by Aaron Sorkin). Husband's enjoying it but it feels like West Wing transported to a TV Studio...dialogue, relationship dynamics, etc. all very similar. WIll see how it develops.

Have just sent him off to download Love/Hate - my cousin mentioned it over Christmas but never got around to picking it up.

Missed the start of Game of Thrones and never caught up but got the first series over the weekend and was hooked after 2 episodes. Even the bits with no action have you hooked as the dialogue is so good. Plus im from Hull so watching a fantasy series where the majority of the people have northern accents seems to add to the charm.

Im fully expecting The King to ask how is wippets or prize pigeons are a some point he's that northern.

Edited by swede