Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

Di anyone watch The Tudors?First 4 series are on virgin on demand so I've started watching,5 episodes in,its decent.

Yeah I watched it, a girl got me into it actually , I was meh about watching it :P But it's actually really great, the last series feels a bit rushed but the way they done the ending is superb!

Plus parts of bloody hot! :P (I may also be in love with the girl who plays Pricess Mary, Sarah Bodger ....after season 1 obviously :P)

episode 2 of The Following was promising again, the dimness of the police and FBI is a bit irritating, but otherwise it was pretty good.

On reading some of the comments on the IMDB, many people are labelling it "The poor mans' Millennium". I never watched Millennium, and I understand it was pretty damn good. Thoughts?

episode 2 of The Following was promising again, the dimness of the police and FBI is a bit irritating, but otherwise it was pretty good.

On reading some of the comments on the IMDB, many people are labelling it "The poor mans' Millennium". I never watched Millennium, and I understand it was pretty damn good. Thoughts?

Millenium was like a very dark X Files in parts (same makers). The hero could see into the minds of the bad guys. I enjoyed it the time and the back story was always leading up to the year 2000. I can see some similarities with the Following but then again many of the manhunter FBI programmes have a similar feel. It really is a take it or leave it series. If you don't get into it the first few episodes you never are.

Such a good programme, but i know if I miss an episode, I'll have to give up. I'm finding it hard at the moment to understand, and I've seen them all.

Everyone is finding it hard to understand, they have made it that way on purpose and if you miss an episode there is a thing called 4od which available on any computer (with the Internet), most mobile phones, tablets, teles and game consoles where you can catch up with any missed episodes.

Everyone is finding it hard to understand, they have made it that way on purpose and if you miss an episode there is a thing called 4od which available on any computer (with the Internet), most mobile phones, tablets, teles and game consoles where you can catch up with any missed episodes.

Lololol you are very clever! You may not have noticed due to your cleverness, but those episodes are only available for a short amount of time, so if you miss that time period you are fucked.

Lololol you are very clever! You may not have noticed due to your cleverness, but those episodes are only available for a short amount of time, so if you miss that time period you are fucked.

You get quite a long time (at least 3 weeks on Utopia) to watch them on 4od and if you don't see them in that time there are other places you can watch them. There really is no excuse to give up on series you are enjoying just if you miss an episode.

You get quite a long time (at least 3 weeks on Utopia) to watch them on 4od and if you don't see them in that time there are other places you can watch them. There really is no excuse to give up on series you are enjoying just if you miss an episode.

Of course there is, and surely as someone who's watching, you'd understand that. People who haven't seen the first episode will have no idea what's going on. Also look at things like Lost, Heroes etc. There's many programmes where its vital to keep up, otherwise you just lose all reference points. Even with more ridiculous examples like Waterloo Road (yeah I know, im a fan okay?! :P)

Of course there is, and surely as someone who's watching, you'd understand that. People who haven't seen the first episode will have no idea what's going on. Also look at things like Lost, Heroes etc. There's many programmes where its vital to keep up, otherwise you just lose all reference points. Even with more ridiculous examples like Waterloo Road (yeah I know, im a fan okay?! :P)

People that have missed the first episode might not know what's going on but I have seen all the episodes and I actually know that much more than them.

Also I don't condone watching Waterloo Road, but I don't judge you. :)

• Upvote 1

wow, I thought BOB was a given. Its immense. If you have ever played Call Of Duty 2, the episode "Carentan" was a massive influence on the design of the "Carentan" map in that game.

Also- be prepared for one of the most harrowing TV episodes you will ever see.

wow, I thought BOB was a given. Its immense. If you have ever played Call Of Duty 2, the episode "Carentan" was a massive influence on the design of the "Carentan" map in that game.

Also- be prepared for one of the most harrowing TV episodes you will ever see.

I meant to say, the episode I am referring to is toward the end of the series, not ep 2 "Carentan", although that episode is one of the best.

Great Utopia tonight. Don't want it to end now, especially since you know there can't be a second series (i'll tell myself not to think about the end haha).

Some really good stuff on at the moment in my opinion, got really excited for the return of Black Mirror.

My current habits are:

- My Big Fat Diary on E4 on Mondays

I know it's a programme not really meant for anyone who's actually left school, but it gives a great portrayal of mental health, as well as a bit of a 90's trip down memory lane, as well as being decently funny as well.

This may change for

- Black Mirror on C4 on Mondays

Really enjoyed the first series, looking forward to seeing if it can continue. I liked most of Brooker's writing this year, and can only imagine the Royalness and Olympics helped him come up with some great stuff.

- Utopia

As talked about really

- Derek

Although I am a fan of Gervais' sitcom writing normally, I was slightly worried as to what he'd do with Derek, and how sympathetic the character would be, but I think he handled it brilliantly. Very well written so far.

- Screenwipe

Yeah, I know, I'm a cliched Brooker and Gervais fan, but I thought the first episode was great, some really good stuff on the American gun control laws.