Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

Ive been trying to get the other half to give The Wire a go for ages and she finally buckled this week and loves it. I totally agree with giving it quite a few episodes. There is a lot of characters to intriduce but as the story progresses it just gets better and better. The best TV I think I have ever seen to be honest.

Heard good things about Utopia and The Following so will give them a go.

Recent good series I have watched: Sons of Anarchy & Homeland.

Archer for a laugh :sarcastic:

that's 8-9 hours.. to see IF I might like something. That's way too much necessary commitment for me... not enough hours etc..

The only thing I look forward to atm is Girls, which is only half hour, and I don't always get the time to see that

I'm not trying to force anyone, but......

thats 8-9 hours until you start to "get" and "enjoy" the finest TV drama ever made. not "if" you might like it.....

the main barrier is usually the vast the number of characters in it, the 2nd barrier with the wire is the difficulty with the dialogue. It all clicks eventually.

Edited by t8yman

It's an awful awful programme. But... Sun, Sex & Suspicious Parents is crocking amazingly bad.

"Self confessed ladies man..."

:lol: It makes for great laughing at the dicks.

Watched ITV's version yesterday "The Magaluf Weekender", now that was proper shite tv. Felt more setup (bit like the brief moments I've seen of TOWIE), barely any actual drinking though they all went to back to the hotel and claimed to be drunk/hungover the next and filmed a "rep" taking the piss out of a girl being a virgin, then trying to get with her. Classy!

Thank Christ for the BBC!

Edited by LondonTom

:lol: It makes for great laughing at the dicks.

Watched ITV's version yesterday "The Magaluf Weekender", now that was proper shite tv. Felt more setup (bit like the brief moments I've seen of TOWIE), barely any actual drinking though they all went to back to the hotel and claimed to be drunk/hungover the next and filmed a "rep" taking the piss out of a girl being a virgin, then trying to get with her. Classy!

Thank Christ for the BBC!

It's an awful awful programme. But... Sun, Sex & Suspicious Parents is crocking amazingly bad.

"Self confessed ladies man..."

Did anyone see the what happens in Kavos series on Channel 4? It made for some grim viewing, one the reps "had to" drink a shot (1/4 of a pint) of piss because he slept with the same person more than twice.

I've been watching Sons of Anarchy recently don't know why i never got round to actually watching it but it really is a great program couldn't stop watching it for the first week! Also been watching the new series of Califronication which has so far been pretty good with a lot of guest stars from Steve Jones, Sebastian Bach, Maggie Grace and Tim Minchin. Has been a great season so far and it's 3 episodes in!

I am very late to the party but just started watching Breaking Bad - pretty dark! Only on episode 6 but it's gripping stuff.

Have given up on Boardwalk Empire yet again - got about 5 episodes in but it's just soooo slow. Nothing really seems to happen and I just don't give a toss about any of the characters. Not for me.

Have given up on Boardwalk Empire yet again - got about 5 episodes in but it's just soooo slow. Nothing really seems to happen and I just don't give a toss about any of the characters. Not for me.

I think it was episode 8 or 9 was the time I really got into it but I was more willing to give it time because I love Steve Buscemi & Stephen Grahem.