Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

Yes! I didn't realize this was coming out. I saw the first episode of Veep on a plane journey the other day. Pretty good, but not a patch on The Thick Of It. It was more similar to In The Loop.

Veep!That was what I meant to check out but I couldn't remember the name.I kept thinking it was Vexed but the bio didn't seem like my sort of thing,knew it began with a V though lol.

Breaking bad was awesome. What a perfect place to take a 1 year break. But a whole year is simply not fair!

Oh well, sons of anarchy is back next week, and dexter on the 30th.

Dexter is the next thing I need to sit down and get into,seen afew and liked it and loved the main lead in Six Feet Under.

Sons of Anarchy I've yet to be sold on.

I quite disliked Sons of Anarchy to start with, glorifying fat redneck criminals in a fantasy-land version of 1950s USA.

Then they pointed out it's following the structure of Hamlet. Okay. Now I think of it as a costume drama - the usurper king, the warrior prince, the threat from beyond the grave, and it becomes a HELL of a lot better.

And though the show's affective tone does glorify/apologise for these really quite unpleasant redknecks, but structurally torture thems and their families. Their pain is a direct consequence of their actions - but instead of learning from it they just battle-on and do worse.

I'm just hoping the final episode sees them all in the grave/jail/insane asylum.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, I'll be watching from the start. I (like most people these days, I am sure) tend to download whole series and watch them back to back, I have recently run out of shows to watch and was needing something new. My son watches the show but it had never appealed to me, the whole "hamlet" aspect piques my curiosity.

While I wait for SOA to finish downloading I have been watching "Homeland" on the recommendation of my daughter (and it has Clare Danes...hubba hubba), I am on episode 5 and I hope it gets better, because at the moment I feel a bit uncomfortable watching it (some pretty awful stereotypes of islam which border on racism). The plot is good, some of the acting is good (Clare Danes....drool, Damian whatsisface gingerbloke) and I'm hoping that my misgivings will be proven wrong by the end of the series.

While I wait for SOA to finish downloading I have been watching "Homeland" on the recommendation of my daughter (and it has Clare Danes...hubba hubba), I am on episode 5 and I hope it gets better, because at the moment I feel a bit uncomfortable watching it (some pretty awful stereotypes of islam which border on racism). The plot is good, some of the acting is good (Clare Danes....drool, Damian whatsisface gingerbloke) and I'm hoping that my misgivings will be proven wrong by the end of the series.

I can help here.

Islam is a virulent and seemingly incurable brain infection that corrupts every ordinary decent person who come into contact with it, turning them into murderous hateful demons who want to slaughter their own families, murder their boss, and for that matter protest the deaths of Muslim innocents by murdering as many white/black/Jewish civilians as they can find so the Arabs can take over and peace can rule the earth.

Yes, it's a show originally from Israel, and a rather nasty one. It's a well-acted Zionist troll, nothing more.

Hope that helped.

Edited by Spartacus Mars

I think it went shit when Anne-Marie Duff (Fiona) left, and became unbearable once the Irish family moved in.

The first series when the Maquires were brought in they were only marginal characters but for me as the series went on they became some of the best ones there.Shane turned in some great performances when he got with his missus,Paddy was great with his decent into addiction and Micky has stolen the show the past few series.

Completely disagree old chap.