Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

Can't help but think it

should have happened at the end of last season. I can see them writing a final season based on this recent development.

oh absolutely

debs is going to explain the "love" thing, and let it cloud her judgement once again, allowing dex to carry on doing his best. she loves a bad boy after all.

Has anyone ever seen Mrs Brown's Boys? A colleague recommended it to me so I checked it out. There's not a minute goes by that I don't think about how bad it is. It's becoming an obsession - I just can't understand how it's so popular! Number one best-seller currently on Amazon > TV Comedies.

I feel like I'm going mad, but it must just be everyone else that is mad. Check out the Christmas Special on Boxing Day and let me know what you think... or check out some clips on Youtube. It's so shite, it makes me want to go on a killing spree.

Has anyone ever seen Mrs Brown's Boys? A colleague recommended it to me so I checked it out. There's not a minute goes by that I don't think about how bad it is. It's becoming an obsession - I just can't understand how it's so popular! Number one best-seller currently on Amazon > TV Comedies.

I feel like I'm going mad, but it must just be everyone else that is mad. Check out the Christmas Special on Boxing Day and let me know what you think... or check out some clips on Youtube. It's so shite, it makes me want to go on a killing spree.

I am familiar with it, I'm ashamed to say my inlaws think its hilarious, although they did have the common decency to admit the boxing day special was shite - and oh - how shit it was.

it seems to consist almost entirely of attempts to make the words "shoite" and "feck"/"fick" appear funny - entirely on their own. its like someone took a recipe for "the perfect sitcom" and ended up baking a huge steaming turd because they forgot to add "funny" prior to putting it in the oven.

I am familiar with it, I'm ashamed to say my inlaws think its hilarious, although they did have the common decency to admit the boxing day special was shite - and oh - how shit it was.

it seems to consist almost entirely of attempts to make the words "shoite" and "feck"/"fick" appear funny - entirely on their own. its like someone took a recipe for "the perfect sitcom" and ended up baking a huge steaming turd because they forgot to add "funny" prior to putting it in the oven.

Yes. Exactly. It's horrific. The sheer popularity of the show actually makes me wish the world would end.

Given up on Terra Nova, started watching American Horror story on FX which is rather good so far..

Managed to hat to the end of Terra Nova only to see they have managed to drag it out for a few more seasons. I was hoping at one time it was going along the lines of the 2000AD story Flesh. I like the idea of going back in time to harvest dinosaurs. Anyway I am also really enjoying American Horror Story.

Sherlock. Brilliant.

Loved it loved it loved!Although Russell Tovey's accent was appalling and really took me out of the story.Also loved seeing the guy from 'Threesome' as the guide to the moors,his accent was alot better lol.

Chuckled when Watson called Holmes ''Spock'' considering Cumberbatch has just been announced as playing a baddie in the next Star Trek film.

Edited by metallimuse

I disagree modey, its got all the symptoms of a series they can run endlessly, never giving you any answers, fucking about, stringing it out. If it was a 1 series deal, then I would start watching it, but it suffers from the same thing that made lost so irritating to me - constantly inventing new mysteries, answering very little. that kind of writing frustrates me. Theres far too much I havent even started yet to get interested in that gubbins.

I still havent watched boardwalk empire, game of thrones, or the bluray I bought of the first series of downton

Breaking Bad for me is the perfect TV show. That could run forever but the structure is right. It never leaves you frustrated with its cliffhangers, it leaves you satisfied and still wanting more.

Loved every minute of it so far. Purely because it's entirely character-based.

Edited by Purple Monkey

Breaking Bad for me is the perfect TV show. That could run forever but the structure is right. It never leaves you frustrated with its cliffhangers, it leaves you satisfied and still wanting more.

Loved every minute of it so far. Purely because it's entirely character-based.

absolutely, I was actually quite interested in the trailer for Alcatraz, right up until the bit where "all the convicts disappeared in 1961, now they are back" bit. drama is drama, and scifi is scifi. the minute they try to mix the 2, and the scifi is ONLY there to allow them to fuck about with the plot willy nilly, they lose me.

im not a scifi fan, but I do understand the draw of true scifi, using it as a tool to confuse things is the cheapest form of telly making.