Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

• 2 weeks later...

I tried watching the 1st episode of Twin Peeks last night and I don't get it. I found the acting flat and the mystery boring and I really can't see why it's so highly regarded. Has anyone who has seen say if it improves or not as it goes along?

Its classic David Lynch. the acting is supposed to feel a little awkward, the characters are a a real joy as they unfold before you. its very complex, very dark, and when you fall in love with it, its very funny. I would definitely stick with it. you are bound to feel a little out of your depth at first. have patience. and just go with the flow.

Holy shit - this looks brilliant! Anyone seen any episodes? It's up to episode 4 at the mo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6aNEIZwPFc

Seen all of them so far - and liked the first two - it's going a bit downhill at the moment - silly ex-love interest, and teen romance stories, kids making dopey decisions, but there's enough else going on for me to persist at least until Walking Dead returns.

The most interesting hidden thread about 'timeline exploitation' has not really been developed yet though, nor has the 'rebel' group - any outpost civilisation has to have one these days. Also the 'cannon fodder' soldiers are really dumb - they make the Red Shirts of Star Trek look positively bright.

I'm a bit confused about the nods to Japan throughout the episodes - such as Japanese doors, Pagodas, and vehicles - perhaps they helped pay for the series or the special effects.

see it just sounds like a brainstorming mission in an office full of suits who all said "lost was popular, what made lost so popular? - go!"

and lost was shit., its exactly the same situation as that bollocks thing that C5 did last year with the whole planet stopping, cant remember what it was called, that was focus grouped bollocks too.

in fact, fuck it. i'm stopping the download. cos I know its gonna go that way.

I'm now grabbing breaking bad season 3, which we should finish pretty quickly, as we have seen half of it, just not entirely sure where we stopped, then I'll grab season 4 in glorious HD. at least you know they arent relying on CGI dinosaurs and space ships that make you go woo, they actually have to hire proper actors and scriptwriters.

I've yet to watcch the final episode of Breaking Bad season 4, watched the penultimate episode the other day, and to be honest I didn't think it was up to the high water mark of the previous episodes. Hermanos and whatever the episode was called when they were in Mexico were utterly brilliant. I found the "cigarette" storyline a bit convuluted to be honest.

Looking foward to enjoying Boardwalk Empire starting up again, and I'm actually enjoying Hawaii Five 0, totally throwaway I know, but fun nonetheless. I'll probably let Dexter run for a few weeks before getting four or five of them in one go.

And I'm still loving Modern Family. Although 90% of that is for my unhealthy interest in Sofia Vergara (sp). Eye curumba etc.

Did anyone see Wilfred? Never saw the Australian original, but the remake has got some of the funniest things I've seen on telly in a while. What's not to love about a six foot tall talking bong-smoking dog?

I've yet to watcch the final episode of Breaking Bad season 4, watched the penultimate episode the other day, and to be honest I didn't think it was up to the high water mark of the previous episodes. Hermanos and whatever the episode was called when they were in Mexico were utterly brilliant. I found the "cigarette" storyline a bit convuluted to be honest.

Looking foward to enjoying Boardwalk Empire starting up again, and I'm actually enjoying Hawaii Five 0, totally throwaway I know, but fun nonetheless. I'll probably let Dexter run for a few weeks before getting four or five of them in one go.

And I'm still loving Modern Family. Although 90% of that is for my unhealthy interest in Sofia Vergara (sp). Eye curumba etc.

Did anyone see Wilfred? Never saw the Australian original, but the remake has got some of the funniest things I've seen on telly in a while. What's not to love about a six foot tall talking bong-smoking dog?

I can never look at a toy giraffe in the same way again.