Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

Game of Thrones continues to be the best thing on television

Episode 9 - Wow :O

I've watched the first eight parts of Game of Thrones, and have to say that HBO have done it again ; it's absolutely riveting television. An hour just flies by.

Edited by sifi

Agree. Game of Thrones is superb. Not seen episode 9 yet.

Otherwise, watched both series of Rome last couple weeks. Took me ages to realise that Vorenus was Tommy in Trainspotting. :D Season 2 was just a tad crammed in its history towards the end. :lol: Understand that it was meant to have cost an absolute fortune to film though, but shame wasn't allowed to develop over extra seasons like planned (eg. Carnivale*/Deadwood). Could've definitely watched another couple of seasons of Octavia saying "mother!" :wub:

Started Curb your enthusiasm this week.

*you finish Carnivale in the end Sifi, remember you saying you started watching it?

Edited by ralph250

*you finish Carnivale in the end Sifi, remember you saying you started watching it?

Yes, and I was happy that it actually had an ending - although clearly as you said it should have had a few more seasons, and of course there was the twist.

Deadwood just seemed to stop, if I recall correctly. I wanted a historically inaccurate shoot-out at the end.

With regards to Rome, the death of Anthony happened fifteen years after the death of Caesar - and "the children" didn't age a day in Season 2!

Very sad the sets actually got destroyed in a fire mind :(

And Octavia? Are you insane? Attia ftw!

Series one was a hugely entertaining romp ; there a couple of huge flaws in it that if you can overlook, you'll probably enjoy it more. The last couple were probably the best, it kinda hit a crescendo.

I've not seen the new one (forgot it was on) so I'll probably wait until all four have been shown and watch them in a marathon.

I read that Idris is in discussions with Quentin Tarantino for some kind of remake / homeage to Django. Brilliant.

I watched Sri Lanka's Killing Fields last night. As soon as it showed the body of a young girl (I'd say around 2) after a bomb, I turned it off.

It got worse, it's a disgrace that the un don't appear to have any teeth on this whatsoever.

I'm downloading season 1, Noticed season 2 starts next week on the BBC. Stringer Bell :D

I'm going to start Season 4 of The Wire when I get back from Glasto.

season 2 of luther started this week, you missed one matey. iplayer!