Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

They just all seemed a bit nervy at times, which will partly be because its the first show, but also I reckon because its live. I see Mitchell's point, but I suppose the way around that is to earn their trust by not doing what it is they are worried about you doing. And doing like The Daily Show does with particularly contentious or interesting, or sometimes just long, interviews and put the whole thing online.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Boardwalk Empire. Absolutely superb. Watched the first three episodes. Best pilot of a TV show I think I’ve ever seen. Could’ve been a great film by itself!!

Sky Atlantic starting tomorrow!! Essentially HBO.

Just been announced that 'Game Of Thrones' will air on 18th april on sky atlantic, just 1 day after its shown in the states

quite simply, if you like your fantasy dark, gritty and suspenseful, do not miss the show, but even better, go read the books (or at least the 1st one) before it airs. There is no way that tv, even hbo, can totally do it justice

HODOR, HODOR, HODOR, HODOR, HODOR, HODOR, HODOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I watched "Bridalplasty" on sunday and monday. Holy f**k it is the most reprehensible tv show on the face of the earth. It promotes low self esteem, rampant materialism, selfishness, greed and bitchiness.

a group of brides to be live in a house and compete in a challenge every week. the top bride wins a plastic surgery procedure of her choice (I shit you not) and the bottom 3 face the vote to go home. the winner of the series gets her dream wedding. it is f**king horrendous.

Just been announced that 'Game Of Thrones' will air on 18th april on sky atlantic, just 1 day after its shown in the states

quite simply, if you like your fantasy dark, gritty and suspenseful, do not miss the show, but even better, go read the books (or at least the 1st one) before it airs. There is no way that tv, even hbo, can totally do it justice

HODOR, HODOR, HODOR, HODOR, HODOR, HODOR, HODOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like theres a bit of tit in it too. I'm in.

• 2 weeks later...

Just downloading season one of "The Killing" on Charlie Brooker's recommendation, its Danish with english subs, and is apparently amazing.

Also on Brookers say so, I have bought season one and two boxset of "Spiral" another foreign drama that is "up there quality wise" with "The Wire" apparently, this is french, but dubbed into english, I'm guessing french with english subs will be an option on the DVD too. and at £15 for 2 seasons, not to be sniffed at.

anyone seen either?

apparently BBC4 is showing the killing at the moment, but they are up to episode 14 (of 20) so I have missed the boat there.

edited to add

just reading the non spoilered comments on spiral on imdb http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0477507/

f**k me it sounds ace....

Edited by t8yman

Watching 'Girls Behind Bars' 2nd ep on iplayer right now.

First episode was amazing.

Documentary series about Scotland's Female Prison.

Scum like 'The Scheme' alongside some people who've just had a f**king shit hand dealt to them in life (abuse cases etc..).

Worth a watch IMO

Jesus Christ episode one of "the killing" was f**king brilliant. It surely can't stay this good?

I've watched episodes 2-4 on iplayer (they didn't have episode one, but the recap at the start of 2nd episode caught me up with the story). It's really good. I think with it being in a different language, I pay more attention to the characters' body language and eyes, and get drawn in quicker than if it were in English. The acting is excellent, Theis in particular.

Sadly I won't have time to watch any more on iplayer before they disappear. Where are you downloading it from?

I've been watching 'V' and 'The Mentalist' on virgin on demand and enjoyed them both.

I like the mentalist a lot. At first I thought it would be quite boring and formulaic but I think Jane is an excellent character and it can get quite deep at times with the whole

red John storyline

V is quite good as well, although from what I hear it's at risk of being cancelled :(

I like the mentalist a lot. At first I thought it would be quite boring and formulaic but I think Jane is an excellent character and it can get quite deep at times with the whole

red John storyline

V is quite good as well, although from what I hear it's at risk of being cancelled :(

Did think 'The Mentalist' would be my thing but i watched the first two series back to back and really enjoyed it.

'V' I've seen the first series and found it interesting and good tv even though I'm not a sci-fi fan other then new era 'Who'.There has been a second series which I am looking forward to seeing.

It annoys me how quick Americans are to cancel series.I loved Aaron Sorkin's 'Studio 60' but they cancelled after one series :(

It annoys me how quick Americans are to cancel series.I loved Aaron Sorkin's 'Studio 60' but they cancelled after one series :(

Agreed. So much better than 30 rock IMO yet studio 60 just didnt get the viewers...and dont even get me started on firefly! :P

Watching 'Girls Behind Bars' 2nd ep on iplayer right now.

First episode was amazing.

Documentary series about Scotland's Female Prison.

Scum like 'The Scheme' alongside some people who've just had a f**king shit hand dealt to them in life (abuse cases etc..).

Worth a watch IMO

is this a repeat of the series that was on a few years ago?

that girl with marvin at the end has the smallest fringe ever :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone see White Van Man last night on BBC3?

The character 'Darren' who has the most major role after the very annoying Will Mellor is my niece's half-brother (Joel Fry). He's had a few parts (mostly bit parts I think) in a variety of stuff over the last few years, but this is the first high profile thing he's done.

That's another one to chalk up to the Brit School. Next up might be his (full) sister, and then my niece - they're Brit School too.

• 2 weeks later...

Forbrydelsen - or "The Killing" was superb to the end, theres a rather gushing piece in the guardian today about it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2011/mar/31/the-killing-danish-sarah-lund?INTCMP=SRCH

it is a long article, and if you cant be arsed to read it, heres 2 great little bits for the lazy to read

They both recall how big a hit Forbrydelsen was in Denmark in 2007. "It was watched by two million people every Sunday night, which doesn't sound like much but there are only six million people in Denmark," says Mikkelsen.

Mikkelsen heads off to prepare for his performance as Alceste in Molière's The Misanthrope, leaving Gråbøl to tell me how, shortly before she recorded the last episodes of the first season, she was approached by the relatives of a woman who was dying of cancer. The woman feared she wouldn't live long enough to find out who killed Nanna Birk Larsen. "So I wrote her a note and put it in an envelope. She read it and tore it into little pieces so the nurse couldn't find out who did it. The following day she died."

Edited by t8yman