Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

didn't know about this!!! :P

Yeah, on the last episode now. Good enjoyable series if a little cheesy in places.

-----------------

otherwise, the last month, watched every episode of Big Bang Theory, and up to Season 2, Episode 15 of How I Met Your Mother. ;)

also up to date on 24, Lost, Fringe, Flashforward, Weeds, Dexter, Misfits, and up to

Season 6 of Oz,

Season 2 of Six Feet Under

Midway through Season 2 of Breaking Bad,

2/3rds through Season 1 of Mad Men,

Midway through season 4 of Heroes

and Season 2 of Secret Diary of a Callgirl :P

got 2 episodes of skins to watch, and got Generation Kill and first 4 episodes of Caprica and True Blood to watch.

Is there not much to do where live at this time of the year? :P

Just ordered me this shirt ....

Band of Brothers for me tonight. Never seen it.

I really enjoyed the second series of Being Human on BBC3. I didn't enjoy the first series that much but this one got me hooked. Even though it's a bit crap in many ways, it's very watchable.

+1, never saw the first season but enjoyed the 2nd. Know what you mean though, it is a bit rough around the edges, shows it has a small budget at times but still very entertaining.

Worryingly enough I enjoyed Material Girl this year :P, same chick in that.*

*no, I'm not gay! :P

Edited by BenchBuddah

There some canny stuff on tonight (sunday)..a diverse range too. Tropic of Cancer on 2...fascinating view of places the average Joe Bloggs doesn`t get to see.

Come Dine With ME... where do they get em?? Hilarious,cringing and interesting.

Have missed Undercover Princesses on BBC3 but will catch the inevitable repeat.

Dippin in an out of MOTD2.

Bit later on--i slip over to More4 for Father Ted, The IT Crowd (which i belatedly got into...doesn`t Moss look like Jeremy Guscott the former rugby player)..... but, the highlight of the TV week for me is one when most are asleep.... CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM... i think it is absolutely hilarious and not a week goes by where i dont sit and guffaw out loud.

Give it a whirl i implore you. 12.50am.

den

I have t'internet at home now (thinking of re-naming Mr Cheese to Mr Technology) so in theory I could watch whatever tv I like (I know, thin ice and all that). The only thing I've found myself unable to stop watching is Come Dine With Me. I love it!!

you dont need a tv license to watch stuff online.

You only need the licence if you watch it online at the same time as it is being broadcast - ok with everything else as far as I know. Big grey area to be fair.

On topic Ive seen the first three episodes of the Pacific and its the first TV show in a while that will have me watching to the end. Superbly produced - looking forward to the rest of the show!

You only need the licence if you watch it online at the same time as it is being broadcast - ok with everything else as far as I know. Big grey area to be fair.

On topic Ive seen the first three episodes of the Pacific and its the first TV show in a while that will have me watching to the end. Superbly produced - looking forward to the rest of the show!

I found the third a little dull, but I guess some narrative is required between the fighting and explosions!

damages is shaping up quite well.

Dont need it to watch catch up programmes on iPlayer.

I think the wording is you 'cant watch a programme at the same time (or virtually the same time) as it is being broadcast' which makes streaming tv such a grey area.

Wouldnt worry too much about it though :P

Dont need it to watch catch up programmes on iPlayer.

I think the wording is you 'cant watch a programme at the same time (or virtually the same time) as it is being broadcast' which makes streaming tv such a grey area.

Wouldnt worry too much about it though :P

I'm not worried. I've already told the bloke it's him who'll pay the fine if it turns out we're not allowed. He's the one who wanted the pc/internet. I was happy living in the dark ages personally, though I am thoroughly grateful that he brought his Wii with him :P:P

I have t'internet at home now (thinking of re-naming Mr Cheese to Mr Technology) so in theory I could watch whatever tv I like (I know, thin ice and all that). The only thing I've found myself unable to stop watching is Come Dine With Me. I love it!!

aw you canny beat come dine with me! i watch it all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

"Spoilt Rotten" last night.

f**k me, a more pathetic excuse for parenting I have never seen.

That 5 year old kid who weighed 10 stone or whatever, his mum picked him up from school in a wheelchair, and claimed he wasnt eating anything more than any normal 5 year old? The poor little fella got an apple for his "walk" home from school, followed by 2 (small admittedly) pieces of chocolate cake, she then came and asked him if he wanted some weetabix with strawberries or banana, to which he replied "both", and then finally a plate of dinner big enough for an adult. I'm sure she also said "well you can leave the brocolli" IIRC.

My kids are lucky if they get anything between coming home from school and dinner. Because invariably they wont eat their dinner if they have been snacking.

When confronted, she had a bullshit answer for every point the reporter put to her.

But by far the most distressing thing was the 2 youngsters who had to have massive extractions of their baby teeth (aged approx 4/6) because their parents gave them sweet food and drink (and half a mug of ketchup a DAY) and let them not brush their teeth. I felt so sorry for the kids, their little mouths and gums bleeding like hell because their parents havent even got the balls to say no to them.

As both of the pathetic mothers sat there sobbing as their kids came round from their general anaesthetic, i could only sit, shaking my head at the telly muttering "you f**king did this to him/her".

possibly one of the most upsetting programmes I have seen for a long time.

• 2 weeks later...

ive started watching the wire, a friend highly reccomended it and lent me his boxsets. im nearly at the end of series 1 and although it started out slow, its really getting good. the plot draws out a little slow, but thats not necessarily a bad thing...

anybody watched it? thoughts?

ive started watching the wire, a friend highly reccomended it and lent me his boxsets. im nearly at the end of series 1 and although it started out slow, its really getting good. the plot draws out a little slow, but thats not necessarily a bad thing...

Quite possibly one of the best TV series of the last 10 years

Enjoy :P

I echo what sifi said to me when I started. I'm jealous. You have got such TV gold coming your way. Season 2 feels a bit funny, cos the characters dont appear to be in it as much, but stick with it and it gets better and better. theres a thread on it somewhere, but stay away. spoilers.