Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

Huh? What? WHOA! Halt! Rewind! What?

What programme is this? When is it on? At what point do I have to pause the Sky box to see her norks?

Caprica. It's a new series, a spin off from BattleStar Galactica. Out next year on "television" I believe.

Not much in the way of nudity in the pilot that I've seen.

The pilot was bloody awesome :rolleyes:

Oh, I agree. Great television and lots of scope for an interesting show. As long as it doesn't go on and on and on and on like the last one. Just never seemed to end.

Langdale - she was "comforting" a teenage girl (18+ natch) in her character's capacity as a quasi-religious school teacher at one stage. That work?

Oh, I agree. Great television and lots of scope for an interesting show. As long as it doesn't go on and on and on and on like the last one. Just never seemed to end.

Langdale - she was "comforting" a teenage girl (18+ natch) in her character's capacity as a quasi-religious school teacher at one stage. That work?

It'll do, but it's hardly Hitler, is it? :rolleyes:

It'll do, but it's hardly Hitler, is it? :rolleyes:

It was all a bit god bothering too. But that was the demands of the show.

Rufus - I thought the bit at the end

where the cylon was on the phone was silly. I couldn't help but laughing.

It was all a bit god bothering too. But that was the demands of the show.

Rufus - I thought the bit at the end

where the cylon was on the phone was silly. I couldn't help but laughing.

I can see what you mean, but to be fair I just felt the effects made up for that.

I am going to enjoy Caprica as much as BSG but for slightly different reasons. I really watched BSG for pure escapism, and I think most people knew how it would end. Here we have a similar situation of knowing the ending, but I can see it being more plot driven than effects.

Looking forward to it :rolleyes:

I don't know how BSG ended. I got within about four or five episodes and gave up. I think it was just after they got to earth and worked out they couldn't live there. I just went - who gives a f**k?

I'm assuming they adopted the Hitch Hikers ending, by the way.

Edited by sifimaster

I don't know how BSG ended. I got within about four or five episodes and gave up. I think it was just after they got to earth and worked out they couldn't live there. I just went - who gives a f**k?

How do you do that? Get so close to the end and not finish it. OK so you weren't enjoying it anymore, but even so. Would drive me nuts.

So you missed the bif f**k off battle at the end. I still believe that BSG was the best scifi tv ever made.

The Plan is out soon aswell which I'm looking forward too. Caprica should be rather good.

Am quite into that naughty 'Trinity' series and saw 'Hung' pilot tonight... :)

Anyone else watch Weeds? I watched the first series on Sky one when it debuted, but only recently watched series 2 and 3 via lovefilm. Downloaded series 4 and watched the whole thing over the weekend, and got series 5 downloading now. It's a great show.

yeah, I do. watched season 5 couple weeks back. Agree, it's good fun.

otherwise recently, with nowt much else to do, watched season 4 of heroes, after giving up on it before. Enjoyed season 4 more than 2 and 3 and the opening episodes of season 5 seem alright; got a couple to watch still.

Also pretty much up to date on californication, flash forward, fringe, and watched the first couple episodes of dollhouse and homicide:life on the street this week.

So you missed the bif f**k off battle at the end. I still believe that BSG was the best scifi tv ever made.

The Plan is out soon aswell which I'm looking forward too. Caprica should be rather good.

Caprica is good. The plan I've not yet seen, but both are available from the usual sources.

There were some good bits in BSG, and I enjoyed it, but by the middle of the last series, I realised I didn't really care anymore. They dragged it out too long, and it was getting to the point where they just dragged out another cylon every few weeks.

I wouldn't go so far tio say it's the best sci-fi series ever made. I'd rate Blakes Seven, HHGTTG - the radio series - and possibly Firefly above it. And the original Star Trek series. And I loved Saphire and Steel.

Edited by sifimaster

Caprica is good. The plan I've not yet seen, but both are available from the usual sources.

There were some good bits in BSG, and I enjoyed it, but by the middle of the last series, I realised I didn't really care anymore. They dragged it out too long, and it was getting to the point where they just dragged out another cylon every few weeks.

I wouldn't go so far tio say it's the best sci-fi series ever made. I'd rate Blakes Seven, HHGTTG - the radio series - and possibly Firefly above it. And the original Star Trek series. And I loved Saphire and Steel.

I shall be watching it tonight