Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle was easily the best thing I've seen on TV for ages:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00jd...e_Toilet_Books/

Yep was brilliant.

What was funny was when he was saying that way back when books actually meant something and non-commercial, the smartest person would have had to have read them all, all of science and philosophy, Shakespeare etc, thats what books were about. But if a person wanted to do the same thing today, they would have to read the entire works of Dan Brown, Chris Moyles books and every volume of The World According to Jeremy Clarkson.

"A person who read every book in the world would actually be less intelligent than a person who read nothing"

Also seen two epsiodes so far of "Being Human" - surprisingly good!

Edited by Purple Monkey

i have just discovered the full hilarity of gavin and stacey these last few weeks, i luv it!!

nessa and bryn are the funniest characters ive seen on tv for a while

i have just discovered the full hilarity of gavin and stacey these last few weeks, i luv it!!

nessa and bryn are the funniest characters ive seen on tv for a while

I don't get Gavin and Stacey at all. Possibly because I've hardly seen any of it but that's because I didn't like it.

The last part of Red Riding. Well what can one say? You could almost hear the click click click as parts fell into place. That was one of the best pieces of television I have ever seen, and I was on the verge of tears at the end.

Fantastic.

yes dave i felt the jigsaw effect as well, the end took me by surprize. fantastic

i now feel the need to sit down and watch it again.

• 2 weeks later...

I've started re-watching the first series of Alias again and had forgotten how utterly frustrating this program can be sometimes. Storylines tend to run from the middle of one episode to the middle of the next meaning every episode ends with a big cliffhanger....

DAMN YOU ABRAMS!! :D

Oh, and Firefly.

Oh indeed!

I love that series. Sad it was canned, it was really starting to shape up - and the film which he did afterwards "Serenity" really points as to where it could have gone.

I love that series. Sad it was canned, it was really starting to shape up - and the film which he did afterwards "Serenity" really points as to where it could have gone.

There's a couple of comics that take the story in a somewhat different direction from what you'd expect. Going to try and find them in town today.

Fox ruined that show.

Excellent episode last night ...

"Did you burn your face with an iron? Why not sue prometheus, the god who invented fire? Or an iron age chieftan for having the temerity to popularise the metal?"

:angry:

There's a couple of comics that take the story in a somewhat different direction from what you'd expect. Going to try and find them in town today.

Fox ruined that show.

I thought the series good. :angry:

:angry:

Well remembered ... I find myself talking about how great each episode is, but not being able to remember a single line to repeat!

Was just watching it on iplayer there hence the near perfect recollection ;)

I just realised that was episode 4...think i might have missed one in there :(

Just got the complete deadwood collection. first impressions are that it's bloody superb. lovejoy is electric in it! :angry:

so finished deadwood now, really enjoyed it and whilst it was canned, the ending at least had some resolution to it; it wasn't as abrupt as for instance Carnivale.

Otherwise, watched the 3 series of Skins as never watched it before. Overall, I really enjoyed it, as pretty funny in places...

finished BSG, up to date on lost & 24, waiting for prison break to return, and just started watching fringe and dexter season 3.

I thought the series good. :angry:

I do too, behind The Wire, its probably my favourite show.

I was getting at that in America, Fox showed the episodes out of order (they didn't start with the pilot, think they started with the train heist one as it had more action in it), labelled it an action-comedy series and didn't show the last 3 at all. Then cancelled it after moving it all around their ratings to suit other shows. DVD sales won't bring it back like they did with Family Guy either. The film did a good job of keeping people who knew the show happy as well as people who'd never seen it which I found particularly impressive.

The comics follow up what was in the show, apparently its not what you'd expect to happen.

Just about to start BSG.

Edited by ste4_20

I do too, behind The Wire, its probably my favourite show.

I was getting at that in America, Fox showed the episodes out of order (they didn't start with the pilot, think they started with the train heist one as it had more action in it), labelled it an action-comedy series and didn't show the last 3 at all. Then cancelled it after moving it all around their ratings to suit other shows. DVD sales won't bring it back like they did with Family Guy either. The film did a good job of keeping people who knew the show happy as well as people who'd never seen it which I found particularly impressive.

The comics follow up what was in the show, apparently its not what you'd expect to happen.

Just about to start BSG.

I hadn't realised. That's terrible. Thank the lord for HBO.

In other news, the Corner is available to buy again - I've just ordered mine.

Does anyone know when the next Ashes to Ashes starts?

Mine has arrived and it sat on the coffee table. God knows when I'm gonna get to read it, it's another biggun.

Apparently some of the junkies are played by police from the wire.

That was Po-lease, not police, obviously.

I finally got back into watching deadwood, ended up re-watching the first series and am half way through S2 at the moment

bullock is a hero :P

bullock's good, but was one of my least favourite characters; it's all about swearengen, dan, charlie utter, joanie stubbs, ellsworth, wild bill, doc cochran and my favourite character...mr wu!!!

swedgin!!! cocksucker!!!!

Jane pissed me off throughout,