Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

That's who he is! It was annoying me for most of the first one.

It is a bit a who's who of gritty northern actors I thought. But it was dark as you say. Kinda like Life on Mars without the thrills.

It also rammed home how sodding depressing up north was in the 70s.

the cast is f**king excellent even the smaller roles are played by first class dramatic actors we know from other things on TV and the Movies.

the one that was annoying me as to where i have seen him was the little weaselly copper who tortured Garfield's character.

I found Sean Beans character to be exceptional, especially at the end when

he matter of factly states that "everyman has his vice" (or something like that), when admitting to the child murders.

You might want to spoiler some of that big PD.

I found Sean Beans character to be exceptional

yeah, it must be every serious actors dream to get offered such a role and it must screw with their heads having to get into the mind of such people.

i know Kevin Bacon had a breakdown after filming Sleepers and researching his role as a child molester and murderer.

Edited by .jay.

The one that was annoying me as to where i have seen him was the little weaselly copper who tortured Garfield's character.

And the bloke who plays the post office boss too.

I got a bit confused at the end -

the police gave him the gun knowing he was going to shoot and kill Bean's character - did they know he had killed the children?

And the bloke who plays the post office boss too.

I got a bit confused at the end -

the police gave him the gun knowing he was going to shoot and kill Bean's character - did they know he had killed the children?

yeah i think they knew and wanted someone else to clean up the mess they had left by letting berans characther get away with it.

you know you've just watched something special when afterwards you just feel so uncomfortable and numb and just feel a little shellshocked, i love shows/movies that have that effect on you and that just shake you up a little

you know you've just watched something special when afterwards you just feel so uncomfortable and numb and just feel a little shellshocked, i love shows/movies that have that effect on you and that just shake you up a little

I felt like I needed a bath. I felt unclean.

Dave have been repeating Danny Wallace's How To Start Your Own Country.

I missed it first time around - I think it's really, really funny! Now I can't get his 'national anthem' out of my head!!

Looking forward to Red Dwarf on Dave at over Easter.

I'm really nervous about it. I want it to be amazing, but I feel that it's going to be terrible. I watched series 4 to 6 on DVD over the past month or so, there is no way they will get near the quality of those episodes.

I hope Dave pull it off, but like Andy Murray competing in Mr Charisma UK 2009, my hopes really aren't high.

watched the second red riding tonight, very dark, very intense, great acting and great characters. i was very shocked at the ending.

I'm livid about this because it wasn't available to watch on 4onDemand through Virgin Media. The first one was, the second one wasn't. What a bunch of bastards.

the 4 on demand service through Virgin Media is the work of the devil

It's true. Although it's on there now, and I watched it last night! I guess they forgot to put it up there or something. I thought it was brilliant.

I only keep up with one programme on telly these days, and that is "Bones"

It is my favourite programme, and has been since it started, as it is funny and still has good stories. Though I find myself SCREAMING at the telly quite regularly about Booth and Brennan just getting it on... the sexual tension in that programme is too much.