Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

Just got the complete deadwood collection. first impressions are that it's bloody superb. lovejoy is electric in it! :huh:

Past month I watched from the penultimate episode of the first season of "prison break", up to the last episode (season 4 episode 16). It's good fun, if a rather silly at times, but I appreciate how they changed things around each season, and william fichtner's pretty cool throughout.

Also been watching and keeping up to date with "lost" season 5 (superb), "battlestar galactica" season 4 (superb), "24" season 7 (ok), and got 4 episodes of "the corner" ready to watch sometime (david simon, the wire)

There's got to be a second series. Last night's was brilliant!

Yep second series was commissioned last week - yay! I LOVE Being Human. Watched the pilot when it came out and waited a year for the first series. So chuffed it's coming back. George, Mitchell and Annie are such fantastic characters. It's the best thing on telly at the mo in my opinion. Fave line of the series? "Who wants a piece of my chair?"

Also watching first series of Arrested Development on DVD at the mo and am skyplus-ing Battlestar Galactica on the boyfriends Skybox so am watching that in chunks every few weeks. This series (what I've watched so far) is brilliant.

I'm really enjoying Being Human, proper Sunday evening telly to sit & chill in front of.

Saw Pushing Daisies for the first time the other day, didn't have a clue what on earth was going on but it looked brilliant. Reminded me a lot of Glastonbury :unsure:

awww i luv being human and pushing daisies, luv the narrator so good!

Does anyone else watch Extreme Fishing with Robson Green? I was never a fan of his tv shows and even less taken by his musical efforts but this show is just brilliant. I always thought he'd be a bit of a twat but he actually seems a genuine good guy and very passionate about his fishing.

I want to know what happened to Scrap Heap challange?!?!?! Awsome show.

Probably been mentioned a million times but totally addicted to heroes and Shameless.

Heroes is just going from strength to strength IMO and i'm loving the whole Nathan and Peter showdown.

Frank is a legend, but think this series has got a little far fetched. Still being a rebel without a cause and staying up late to watch it though :lol:

Heroes is just going from strength to strength IMO and i'm loving the whole Nathan and Peter showdown.

:lol: :lol: B):O:o

Honestly?!

I think they've totally ruined it. It's a dreadful show that ran out of ideas after series 1, which was really promising.

:O:o:lol: :lol: B)

Honestly?!

I think they've totally ruined it. It's a dreadful show that ran out of ideas after series 1, which was really promising.

Really!?!?

I LOVED the first season but have to disagree, the writers have gone to great lengths to delve into the characters lives and personalities. The only story line I was disappointed with was the whole Mohinder turning into Jeff Goldblum from the fly. Far fetched even for Heroes standards! :O

Edited by tell

Really!?!?

I LOVED the first season but have to disagree, the writers have gone to great lengths to delve into the characters lives and personalities. The only story line I was disappointed with was the whole Mohinder turning into Jeff Goldblum from the fly. Far fetched even for Heroes standards! :lol:

Yeah, the fly 'spoof' was the worst thing about it all.

I dunno - it just seems as if they haven't been bothered to do any writing and have just regurgitated the first series, but making it more confusing, and more padded. I think they've 'done a Lost' with stretching out the main plot for FAR too long, so far that I have totally lost interest. I just found series 3 a confusing mess. Such a shame.

The wife still loves it though. (Not that I trust her opinion on decent TV - she records sodding Lois And Clark to watch during the day when she's with the little 'un! :lol:)

Yeah, the fly 'spoof' was the worst thing about it all.

I dunno - it just seems as if they haven't been bothered to do any writing and have just regurgitated the first series, but making it more confusing, and more padded. I think they've 'done a Lost' with stretching out the main plot for FAR too long, so far that I have totally lost interest. I just found series 3 a confusing mess. Such a shame.

The wife still loves it though. (Not that I trust her opinion on decent TV - she records sodding Lois And Clark to watch during the day when she's with the little 'un! :lol:)

I'm with you on the Lost thing. After the first season i totally lost interest and just got confused! now that was a shame as it had the potential to be a fantastic show. is it actually still running and are people still watching it?

Back to the point... Scrapheap Challange. when is it back on????

Back to the point... Scrapheap Challange. when is it back on????

The only forgiveable reason is that Robert Llewellyn is too busy doing the new Red Dwarf specials!!

The only forgiveable reason is that Robert Llewellyn is too busy doing the new Red Dwarf specials!!

Now that is british comedy at it's best! All hail The Cat, Rimmer. Kryten and Lister! Long overdue in my book.... Smeeeeg Heeead!

yes, great cast.

i'm a fan of paddy considine. i'm happy to watch anything with starring him

I caught episode 2 last night. Absolutely fantastic. It is very dark and the violence is protrayed cold and bluntly, without being unnecessarily graphic.

I was shocked when he got shot at the end

edit> One of my favourite Paddy Considine films is "Dead Mans Shoes"..

Edited by Planet Dave

Anybody else planning on watching Red Riding on C4.

I don't really watch TV much but I fancy this :unsure:

I watched the first one.

It was horrific in places I thought but hugely well acted. I'm looking forward to this next one which was on last night on 4 on Demand.

i don't really watch TV but i do download shows i like and watch them.

i'm fully up on and loving the popular ones such ans Heroes and Dexter.

The few lesser known cult like shows i love and that i would recommend are

Arrested Development

Freaks and Geeks

30 Rock

I watched the first one.

It was horrific in places I thought but hugely well acted. I'm looking forward to this next one which was on last night on 4 on Demand.

same here that is some of the darkest TV i have ever seen Andrew Garfield was superb as always i really hope he goes on to big things as he is such a talented actor, he was amazing in Boy A a few years ago and fully deserved the BAFTA he got for it.

missed last nigths episode though will watch it round a friends next week as she sky+'d it

same here that is some of the darkest TV i have ever seen Andrew Garfield was superb as always i really hope he goes on to big things as he is such a talented actor, he was amazing in Boy A a few years ago and fully deserved the BAFTA he got for it.

That's who he is! It was annoying me for most of the first one.

It is a bit a who's who of gritty northern actors I thought. But it was dark as you say. Kinda like Life on Mars without the thrills.

It also rammed home how sodding depressing up north was in the 70s.