Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

Outnumbered - best thing on TV at the moment.

Well, that and repeats of Mock The Week on Dave.

quite like outnumbered, cos it does have some genuinely funny stuff in it. But I have a real problem with 1) smart arse kids and 2) limp parents. which pretty much sums up the show.

F*ck, how did I miss Screenwipe? "I'm Konnie Huq, a 33 year old TV presenter who looks about 9, and I've long been fascinated by urination"

Spooks also deserves a mention. This series has been excellent. Killing off the main character in the first episode? That's something that the makers of 24 would never consider, and why Spooks shits all over it.

spooks went shit 2 seasons ago IMHO, I really really loved it. they kill off a major character at the start of every season.

anyway, damages.

there were actually 13 episode, and we were up to 11, I knew we only had 2 left. which we watched this afternoon. All I can say is "f**k me" one of the best dramas I have seen for donkeys.

Would agree with all of those.

Anyone see the IT Crowd tonight? Brilliant episode :(

Strangely I did, cos my other half surprised me by saying it's good. No it's not, it's full of geeks, bit too close to home and all that :)

But no, it did make me titter at times. & the unnerving fight scene at the end....... :P

At the moment I am watching Sons of Anarchy http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/soa/#Nav/Homepage Good show about a group of bikers with Ron Pearlman in a small town called Charming, there are gangs, drugs, guns and some good music. Highly recommended viewing.

Cheers for the heads up on this one, me and the Mrs have been enjoying it. We're up to ep 7 so far. I didn't think I'd enjoy a biker show, but this has had us gripped and got us through the boredom of been stuck in bed with the flu.

We've just finished series 1 of HBO's True Blood http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0844441/ and that's been great entertainment. It's set in Louisiana in a society where vampires are out in the open and campaigning for equal rights there's some great plots/relationships in there as well a fair bit of gore.

I assume The Wire has already been mentioned in this thread, but The Wire creators' take on the war in Iraq "Generation Kill" is definitely worth a watch http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0995832/

Other stuff I've enjoyed that I've not seen mentioned have been Weeds, Deadwood and Battlestar Gallactica....Bring on The new year for the rest of Season 4!

Cheers for the heads up on this one, me and the Mrs have been enjoying it. We're up to ep 7 so far. I didn't think I'd enjoy a biker show, but this has had us gripped and got us through the boredom of been stuck in bed with the flu.

We've just finished series 1 of HBO's True Blood http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0844441/ and that's been great entertainment. It's set in Louisiana in a society where vampires are out in the open and campaigning for equal rights there's some great plots/relationships in there as well a fair bit of gore.

I assume The Wire has already been mentioned in this thread, but The Wire creators' take on the war in Iraq "Generation Kill" is definitely worth a watch http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0995832/

Other stuff I've enjoyed that I've not seen mentioned have been Weeds, Deadwood and Battlestar Gallactica....Bring on The new year for the rest of Season 4!

Glad you liked SOA don't know if you watched Queer as folk but the main charater is the 15 year lad from that :lol: Just started d/l Generation kill and yes very much looking foward to the new series of BSG :D

Glad you liked SOA don't know if you watched Queer as folk but the main charater is the 15 year lad from that :P Just started d/l Generation kill and yes very much looking foward to the new series of BSG :D

I didn't watch Queer as Folk, but the other half recognised him from it. I spotted him as one of Samantha's Toy boys from Sex and The City :lol:My little sis is a big fan of that show

You'll enjoy Generation Kill. It shows how chaotic the invasion of Iraq was. Ziggy from S2 of the wire has a great part in it. Give it a couple of episodes and you'll be using US marine slang in your day to day converstions.

Edited by Johnthebar

started watching burn list.

you must stick with it, it starts off looking very cheap and cheesy, and his girlfriend really does your tits in at first - her accent is AWFUL, a lot like lyla in Dexter. but by the end of the first episode I was pretty much hooked, watched another 2 last night and I am really enjoying it.

started watching burn list.

you must stick with it, it starts off looking very cheap and cheesy, and his girlfriend really does your tits in at first - her accent is AWFUL, a lot like lyla in Dexter. but by the end of the first episode I was pretty much hooked, watched another 2 last night and I am really enjoying it.

It really good isn't and yeah the irish accent is appalling, but I really like the Michael, his mate and the mother. It's been off air for ages :blink: really looking forward to it coming back. I meant to ask you how long did it take to get into dameages I watched three espiodes and stopped watching because Glen Close was getting on my nerves.

I don't watch tv, I don't have it.

I have a nice man who brings me Heroes dvd's every now and then though....no Nightcrawler13, not you, you are rubbish, you gave me half a season and then never came through with the rest of the goods. AND he puts proper stickers on the front too. That's proper Piracy for ya! :blink:

it is a sad sad man who prints stickers for copied dvds :lol:

how crap is the christmas tv? there's no good films on.

looking forward to a few things like shooting stars, mock the week and the royale family. but overall, it's pretty shite.

look forward to TOTP on christmas day aswell even although it's always full of pish.

Edited by _rachelbon

looking forward to a few things like shooting stars, mock the week and the royale family. but overall, it's pretty shite.

look forward to TOTP on christmas day aswell even although it's always full of pish.

TOTP full of traditional Christmas G&T, is the way forward :lol:

Probably down to the fact most people can get the vast majority of films they actually want for a couple of quid down at Tescos.