Big Chill 2009

Guest TalkShow Bob

I will never return to the Big Chill, it should change its name as it is not chilled in any way! Searched on entry each and every time, and the drink prices are excessive once in the Arena.

The final straw was my 50 something old husband being ejected from the site during the Orbital set. He was right at the front and was defending his space as others were trying to push in front, he was accused of being aggressive and pulled over the barrier, I was way back and had no idea where he was. Security took him out of the site after scuffing his knuckles to make it look like he had hit someone. I was frantic when he didn't meet be where we agreed, security on the gate who I asked for help didn't even try to help me.

At 5.30am on Sunday morning he arrived back at the caravan and had had to dodge security by walking through woods, fields, over fences. (Can you imagine what would happen to someone under the influence of drugs or with mental health issues???) However despite his endeavours and the fact he had had his wristband removed we felt we had no choice but to leave.

I posted the above message on the official Big Chill site and someone suggested I let the organisers know.

Had a reply from Katrina Larkin Festival Director, promising to look into what happened, asked me to call her which I did and she then asked me for 24 hours to investigate, promising to look into it with the head of security.

Update

17 September 2009

Received a call from Katrina inviting us to the festival next year, nor sure if my other half will want to accept but I am pleased that she has listed to what I had to say and acted on it. I would just like to stress to others if you have a bad experience make sure the organisers are made aware. Otherwise thay cannot prevent it happening to others.

Edited by StoneCircle

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic