definitely no metallica for download?

Guest zahidf

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know they are planning an MK bowl date... but the reaction i got from Melvin Benn last year when i asked about AC/DC was exactly the same as the reaction i got the year before when i asked about RATM.

If you have any more solid evidence then i'd like to hear it but until then thats still my verdict.

Neil's fairly confident that Kings of Leon, Arctic Monkeys and Green Day are the Reading headliners. So i guess that rules Ac/Dc out altogether. It boggles me how there is a general idea of who the Reading/Leeds headliners are already, and still nobody seems to have a clue whose going to headline download!!

Rammstein are not available for festivals in 2009. They were approached by the Rock am Ring guys but turned it down stating they would not play ANY festivals in 2009. Unless they've changed their mind dramatically I'd say they're not a rumour for download 09. However if they've really changed their mind, they'd be rumoured for Rock am Ring as well but in fact they're not. Rock am Ring is also having a hard time this year finding decent headlining acts as most bands prefer doing their own stadium or arena shows this year. Pearl Jam and GnR are still rumoured to play RaR and I know that at least Pearl Jam were/are considering doing a short tour. No one really knows what's going on with Guns though.

Neil's fairly confident that Kings of Leon, Arctic Monkeys and Green Day are the Reading headliners. So i guess that rules Ac/Dc out altogether. It boggles me how there is a general idea of who the Reading/Leeds headliners are already, and still nobody seems to have a clue whose going to headline download!!

jeez if this is the case i wish i didn't bother getting my early bird leeds '09 tic now.. :lol:

I JUST WANT FEAR FACTORY TO PLAY!!!!!

Is that so much to ask?!!?! :):lol::D

I've seen them a fair few times but what can i say, im greedy.

I would love to see them at Download, i don't think they've ever played which is insane!

Fear Factory.........3rd Stage Headliners............That would be the best thing ever!!!! SYL special guest slot underneath!! haha! my god that would be awesome. :lol:

Does anyone know if there has been any updates regarding first announcements etc?

• 2 weeks later...