definitely no metallica for download?

Guest zahidf

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, I do not know how reputable "Thrash hits" is, but it says this:

"Well, we were the first to get wind of it back in November, and now here we are as the first to confirm it - Metallica are indeed booked to headline at a new two-day festival at Knebworth this summer. The dates of 01 & 02 August have been pinpointed.

The Thrash Hits team is nothing if not dedicated to deep-cover investigative journalism (ie, drinking whiskey in the Crobar), where our investigations (ie, eavesdropping on conversations between those in the know) means we can also confirm that Linkin Park will be headlining the other day of the festival. Never again will we underestimate the news-gathering possibilities of seedy drinking establishments.

And that’s not all we heard – the festival is going to be touring Europe, visiting possibly six countries across the continent. This would back up claims made by a Finnish newspaper that a Metallica/Linkin Park headlined festival will be taking place this summer in the Finnish city of Pori.

Among the other acts rumoured to be joining the bill are a great many acts previously featured on Thrash Hits. Ahem. Whether or not any of these acts do join this new European festival juggernaut - let alone the Knebworth leg - remains to be seen.

An official announcement is apparently going to be made at 10am on Monday 09 February 2009, but remember where you heard it first."

B x

Hmmm, interesting article.

I wonder if bands that are play at Knebworth are exclusive to that festival? Since its in August I can see some bands doing both Download and that.

Hmmm.....it's the Lamb Of God competetion thing that hints towards august, they tour with Metallica alot and I doubt they will do Reading/Leeds or Bloodstock. But I eargerly await some news and confirmed dates!

Download, Bloodstock, most likely Reading plus this new one = busy year for me I think, especially as I wanna try and see nIn play alot which means potential European dates as well!

having seen that Knebworth is closed on 1-2, I'd guess they're right after all.

Having checked back, it seems like me thinking I'd been told July by sources is the result of me asking those people to check out what might be happening in July, so I'm now far from sure that it's actually July.

having seen that Knebworth is closed on 1-2, I'd guess they're right after all.

Having checked back, it seems like me thinking I'd been told July by sources is the result of me asking those people to check out what might be happening in July, so I'm now far from sure that it's actually July.