Best Band you've ever seen at Download

Guest MetalDave

In a desperate attempt to start a good thread (because im extremely excited for next years download for some bizzare reason, and hardly anyone seems to come here anymore :lol: ), who has been the best band you have witnessed at Download Festival? I've narrowed it down to 3.

In no particular order:

Metallica - Download Festival 2006 - Puppets in its entirety....need i say more?!

In Flames - Download Festival 2008 - I just think their phenomenal, and "A Sense of Purpose" is the best album of this year.

Machine Head - Download Festival 2007 - Band of the weekend for me

I've been to every Download so seen a tonne of bands there, but best has to be seeing Tool in 2006 for the first time, they are my fave band and have been since around 2003 so it was really awesome! :lol:

Other than that there has been so many good bands and good performances! Machine Head in particular stick out, for 2004 and 2007, and Metallica in both 2003 (in the tent!) and 2006 was very special!

03 Maiden something special being the 1st one.

04 The Stooges always love Iggy.

Monster Magnet was left wanting more short set.

05 Anthrax Great to see them back sadly it was not to last.

06 Arch Enemy First time I had seen them missed them on previous years so was a bit desperate to watch them.

Metallica For reasons already mentioned.

07 Machine Head Wow! Was easily one of the best performances I have ever seen at a festival.

Korn Massive return brilliant atmosphere.

Motley Crue Awsome proving they have still got it.

I never went this year but will be up for next year.

Prodigy 06, Second Stage (tent) was truly amazing for me I was on the barrier at the front.

Deftones 06, Main Stage when Max Cavallera came out brill.

also being introduced to Gojira for the first time 06 second stage was just waiting for bleeding through after seeing throwdown and was blown away by Gojira

Johnathn Davis 08, Third Stage (tent) was fantastic as far as im concerned, best thing I saw all weekend.

This year id have to say CHILDREN OF BODOM OWNED!

CoB was absolutely incredible, first time id seen them and it was immense. :O

hell yeeeah.. can't wait to see them with slipknot and machine head next month! :P