Biggest dissapointment?

Guest VCK

Mine is a tie between QOTSA this year or RHCP last year.

QOTSA followed by RATM had potential to be the greatest thing ever. I've seen QOTSA before and it was up there with one of the best live performances I'd seen. However, this year at Leeds their set just lacked atmosphere and the crowd were clearly just waiting for Rage. It's a shame to see a band who I'd thought were so loved amongst Leeds-goers, especially on before the band of the day, not get so appreciated. The band put the effort in too which is a shame.

As for RHCP. Well this has now gone down in history as one of the worst headline sets at Leeds and Reading, along with The Darkness and The Stone Roses. It started off pretty well but by the fifth song I was bored to death. Their set was full of Stadium Arcadium songs (bad times!) and they missed out Scar Tissue and Under The Bridge. It was pretty saddening to see a band whose songs you grew up on dissapoint you, and I didn't once feel the "wow! I'm ACTUALLY watching the Chilis play!" factor I was expecing.

Definatly the Chilli's, without a doubt. I'd seen them before and thought they were fantastic, but my then girlfriend hadn't and was extremely excited by the whole thing. Don't need to recap the performance, but the fact I havn't listened to them since definatly says something as too just how poor they were.

I've seen QOTSA 3 times now and have never thought much of them as a live band so I was expecting the performance they gave this year

Slayer in 2006, by a mile, for me personally. The build up and hype on this site beforehand was unbelievable, and set my expectations way too high. I thought that I'd be seeing something special like Maiden/Metallica/Slipknot status, but it was more like Spinal Tap.

RHCP weren't a disappointment because, having seen them 12 months earlier, I feared the worse and went to see something else instead.

Avenged Sevenfold this year just because how wicked Friday at Leeds was before the festival then Slipknot pulled out and A7X come on and f**k about for 4 songs, sounding and acting perfectly fine despite talking like they're dropping dead any second.

I though QOTSA were alright? But then i'm not a massive fan.

Avenged Sevenfold this year just because how wicked Friday at Leeds was before the festival then Slipknot pulled out and A7X come on and f**k about for 4 songs, sounding and acting perfectly fine despite talking like they're dropping dead any second.

I though QOTSA were alright? But then i'm not a massive fan.

Chillis were dreadful.

Someone earlier said it was up there with the Stone Roses and the Darkness.

I wasnt there for the Stone Roses (too young) but have seen it on tele and it looked dreadful. as for the Darkness, if i was given the choice between which set id watch again id pick the Darkness over the Chills any day of the week. They wernt great, and never should have even got near headlining, but they were fun none the less, and I wasnt expecting much, but was fun just to dance round to some of there cheesy tunes.

Chillis wasn't even fun... was utterly bored out of my mind, and to this day I kick myself because I kept thinking to myself "I should go see something else, this isnt going to get any better" but would then convince myself that any moment now, they were going to bust out a load of Classics and save the set, but it just never happened.

Nowhere near the same level, but I was disapointed with the Fratellis this year... thought they would at least make an effort, but apparently not.

the sound!

i know a million people have mentioned it before, but the sound of the main stage watching the killers wasn't far off pathetic.

in the parts where Flowers wasn't singing i could literally hear the guy behind me have a conversation with his mate, and i was about 10-15 rows back from the front.

i did think they put on an amazing set despite this, especially when all the confetti stuff came down. Very happy moment ;)

Edited by TigerMcTigerton