Did you camp in the new Tipi Village last year?

Guest Fairies for Change

Hello! I'm going with a large group of friends next year (keep wanting to say this year!) and we're thinking about hiring a couple of tipis.

Did you stay in one last year? If so we'd love to know what it was like, to help us make up our minds...

> was there a ground sheet / flooring or were you straight on the ground inside the tipi (have seen both outside of the festival)

> is there space between the tipis to get a fire going (in a safe contained way of course)?

> was there much going on - or was it dead?

> did the rain come in? we stayed in a tipi once and got soaked...

>would you d it again?

thank you! FFC x

• 2 months later...

i stayed in one technically last year according to your post...07 that is :)

im sure the Tipi's are all very similar if not the same

so here is my 2 cents

ye there was a ground sheet, felt-esq if i remember correctly

(In the park tipi field) there was a campfire area with benches surrounding it + plenty of fire wood, id guess its similar in the other field

found it quiet dead to be honest don't know if it was due to the weather though or what

everything stayed relatively dry in the 07 downpours

personally wouldn't do it again, mainly economically i guess + it was far too laid back bordering on boring

bonus of tipi toilets and shower (again speaking only about the park) which were slightly cleaner nothing drastic mind

hope this helps even a little

I can answer some questions about the tipi, because though we didn't stay in a tipi at Glasto, we did stay in one at WOMAD, and they're the same tipis (same company).

There is a groundsheet with a hole in the centre so you can have a stove on the bare ground (the design is for you to put the fire/BBQ there, but I don't think they allow it on the hired ones, IIRC). There is a lot of space in them, and we were only in wee one.

When it started to drizzle while we were out in the day, the tipi people came and put a raincatcher on top, which did the trick, though we didn't have any proper rain, just drizzle one morning.

There is plenty of space around the tipis, and I would certainly stay in one again if we could afford it. The showers at WOMAD, and flushing toilets they bring in, were an absolute bonus, and made for a very different festi, but I can't speak for Glasto on that.

Hello! I'm going with a large group of friends next year (keep wanting to say this year!) and we're thinking about hiring a couple of tipis.

Did you stay in one last year? If so we'd love to know what it was like, to help us make up our minds...

> was there a ground sheet / flooring or were you straight on the ground inside the tipi (have seen both outside of the festival)

> is there space between the tipis to get a fire going (in a safe contained way of course)?

> was there much going on - or was it dead?

> did the rain come in? we stayed in a tipi once and got soaked...

>would you d it again?

thank you! FFC x

Edited by ThisIsWhereIStand

thanks for all the replies - very helpful!

now, one more thought/question...

A couple of my friends are renown in our group for needing a wee very, very often. In the past a Glastonbury they've had their own bucket in their tent so that they can pee at night (vs stubbling across to the loos). This time they're thinking they'd quite like to put a bucket in the corner of the tipi and stake a windbreaker round it for some privacy... do you think there's enough space for this?? :)

You do know you can buy adult nappies? Save your mate the hassle of having to leave their sleeping bag!

Also yuck, a bucket of wee would stink inside a tent/teepee.

It'd be a wee-pee!

travel johns - a priceless addition to the glasto packing list :)