The Cure

Guest twenty_foot_chickens

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was an opinion linked to you saying they could headline the mainstage whereas Smashing Pumpkins (who were easily bigger in the UK) didn't.

However you have subsequently amended that, so fair enough.

The Manics have never really gone away (at least that's what it feels like) and the Cure have been around for 30 years so have more of a legendary status.

A: So why not The Cure

B: This directly contradicts the point you were making about The Cure. Or was that the point Mike Patton was making?

C: The Cure were big in Europe, which I'd argue is also is a big factor about where they feature in Europe :lol:

D: I like the Pumpkins and some RATM. I don't like Pearl Jam, I'm afraid. They're really dull!

A - Because The Cure appear to have gone off the radar, generally speaking.

B - Kids may not have even heard of The Cure, thanks to point A. Kerrang still mention the likes of Pumpkins, Rage and Pearl Jam consistently.

C - "were" big...

D - That's your opinion and there's no point in arguing about it. I love em, you don't. End of :P